Unfeasibly 'popular' articles

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Gauderbock

Unfeasibly 'popular' articles

Post by Gauderbock »

From time to time, an article of mine seems to gain a strangely high amount of views. Like 10x the average of others over the same timescale. It doesn't sell, however, which leads me to think there's something else going on rather than it being a work of pure brilliance :D

Seeing as I've not spotted anything like a 'featured article' slot on the customer-facing site which could boost exposure, and there seems to be no pattern as to which articles get this treatment, I'm a bit flummoxed. All I can think of is some sort of bot activity, but for what reason I don't know.

Anyone else seen this, and/or have any theories?
Lysis

Re: Unfeasibly 'popular' articles

Post by Lysis »

I don't see anything usable from that data other than having more views means you have a better chance of it selling. I charge more than most people here, so I don't expect things to sell quickly. I had anything from a few views to 700 views before a sale, and I can't say there is anything I can identify that makes a difference.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

Well it happened again to a recently published article. I found this page, which I wasn't aware of before now.

https://www.constant-content.com/Catego ... ndex-0.htm

I guess being included on that bumps up the views, although by what criteria articles are selected (or whether it actually increases sales or human views for that matter) I don't know.

Still, good to know it wasn't entirely random :)
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

If clients click on the "Find Writer" tab atop the CC site and you're a leader in a content category, that can sometimes send more views your way (although that might tend to boost your catalog views, not just one article). Have you tried Googling your article title in " " to see what comes up? Or maybe search for your title on BoardReader.com to see if something similar to your title has been mentioned in a forum post on the Interwebz? :lol:
https://www.constant-content.com/freela ... arch=12001