Constant Content Suggested Pricing

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Dryan

Constant Content Suggested Pricing

Post by Dryan »

Hi everyone. Just curious, how many of you adhere to Constant Content's recommended pricing structure based on article length and how well does it work for you? I've recently been experimenting around with pricing quite a lot, and I've noticed that offering my articles for lower prices (say $25-30) doesn't really increase my volume of sales all that much compared to offering them for 30-40 percent more. There is a noticeable difference, but it isn't as significant as I would have expected. How do you guys typically price your articles and what pricing structure have you found to be the most effective?
KWilson

Re: Constant Content Suggested Pricing

Post by KWilson »

I keep a detailed spreadsheet with all of my article titles, their categories, word count, and price. I then track how many days it takes from editor acceptance to the sale. The right price really does differ from category to category so I find that the only way to figure it out is to just experiment and study the data.

But since I'm new to freelancing I am almost always pricing my articles lower than the CC suggested.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

I used to spend quite a lot of time playing with pricing, but I came to the conclusion my time was better spent writing. Pricing low didn't seem to greatly increase the number of sales, it just made them come a bit sooner, if that makes sense. I now just price at a level that makes it worth my hours, maybe with a slight adjustment up or down for the particular niche, and then let time take care of the sales...
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Pretty much everyone realizes that going cheap doesn't help sell better. I did that too. I'm way over their suggested rate.