Usage articles selling for full rights

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Word Gypsy

Usage articles selling for full rights

Post by Word Gypsy »

Anyone else suddenly having their usage articles selling for full or unique rights even though the article has previously sold several times for usage? It's happened to me twice recently, and I haven't had any luck getting CC to fix the problem.
Pellucidean

Re: Usage articles selling for full rights

Post by Pellucidean »

I certainly don't know for sure, but I would guess that it has something to do with CC phasing out usage rights entirely. Maybe that policy is now by mistake being retroactively applied to old articles as well.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

This happened to me a couple times but a while ago. I read it as the customer bought use and then changed his mind, but it seems odd now that use is gone.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

In the past, customers had the option to upgrade to unique or full from usage as long as they did it on the same day, the article had not previously sold, and I had the article listed as available for unique or full rights. Unfortunately, this has happened in the past and now again with articles that have sold multiple times as usage on this site. Since I've already triple or quadruple dipped on these articles on various other websites, it makes for quite a sticky situation. I hope it isn't intentional though, because I still retain rights to all of my usage articles. They cannot legally be sold for unique or full rights despite any glitches that allow it to happen.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

CC certainly needs to fix this since customers would justifiably be angry if they found that articles they thought they had bought exclusive rights to have actually been sold to other people as well.