ANOTHER Flaky Client

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Isabelnewth

Re: ANOTHER Flaky Client

Post by Isabelnewth »

Agreed, Abbamay, if they sorted out the line of communication with the writers, that could be the key to a better site in other ways as well. I would suggest it too except I'm not sure I have access to the survey...do you know where I could find it? And good luck from me too!
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Isabelnewth wrote:Agreed, Abbamay, if they sorted out the line of communication with the writers, that could be the key to a better site in other ways as well. I would suggest it too except I'm not sure I have access to the survey...do you know where I could find it? And good luck from me too!
They sent out a link to the survey in an email back on June 30th. Here's the link directly: http://try.constant-content.com/writer-feedback/
bumpylight

Post by bumpylight »

I accept the equivalent of private requests at another content broker, but payment is guaranteed if the article meets the explicit requirements of the client. With hundreds of completed articles across mostly public requests and a scattering of private requests, only two clients have ever tried to weasel out of payment, and they were clearly black-hat operatives who were quickly overridden by the content broker. My official rejection rate there is still zero, and the pay rate is roughly equivalent to charging $0.10 per word at Constant Content for catalog items.

In any case, once warned is thrice forewarned. Why bother with private requests here if the odds of being paid are so low? I think I'll step away from private requests at Constant Content before the possibility even comes up. I'll stick by and large with the strength of this platform, which is catalog sales of speculative pieces. Clients don't buy unless they already like what they see. Thanks for this useful thread!