Request Settings Page Questions

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

MKatz

Request Settings Page Questions

Post by MKatz »

Hi, I figured I'd submit some articles to try to get the entries on the request settings page to turn green and make me qualified for more requests. I've got a few questions:

Does anybody know how many articles you need to get the numbers on your profile to turn green?

Is that accepted or sold articles.

Is that a manual thing or does it happen automatically?

Thanks in advance for any helpful feedback you can offer.
Lysis

Re: Request Settings Page Questions

Post by Lysis »

Someone will correct me if I"m wrong, but I think it's 10. It would be accepted not sold.
LeilaBeaumont

Post by LeilaBeaumont »

I'm fairly new so not even sure what the green numbers on the settings page mean! But one of mine has just turned green after 6 accepted articles.
MKatz

Post by MKatz »

Lysis wrote:Someone will correct me if I"m wrong, but I think it's 10. It would be accepted not sold.
Thanks, I think that looks right.
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

I thought it was just 6 - at least that's what I aimed for in each category initially to get the topics I wanted showing up on my profile.

Edit: Okay, I just went and checked. I only have 6 articles under the categories 'Australia' and 'Weight Loss', but they were enough to turn those categories green and show up on my profile. The other categories I have 3-digit figures, but I wanted to add a few things into my profile to improve chances of picking up niche work.
MKatz

Post by MKatz »

LMasterson wrote:I thought it was just 6 - at least that's what I aimed for in each category initially to get the topics I wanted showing up on my profile.

Edit: Okay, I just went and checked. I only have 6 articles under the categories 'Australia' and 'Weight Loss', but they were enough to turn those categories green and show up on my profile. The other categories I have 3-digit figures, but I wanted to add a few things into my profile to improve chances of picking up niche work.
You could be right. My "green" entries have double digits. I have one with 5, and that didn't do it, so it could be 6. :) I guess I should submit one more in that category to find out. If I get that done, I'll be back to update. :D

Thanks! We'll get this mystery solved.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

It seems to me that 5 will often (but not always) be enough to get the category listed on your profile, although the "green entries" show up with 6.

I was wondering about this just the other day though - will "going green" actually lead to more targetted requests in that category or not? I can't say I've noticed a difference...