Customer Making Odd Requests?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Kthorpe

Customer Making Odd Requests?

Post by Kthorpe »

Hey all,

I am curious what the protocol is for customers that start contacting you directly with odd requests?

There is a client that keeps directly messaging me every few days - even without any response for a couple months and asks me to answer odd, sexual questions for his website (I'm not a prude, but definitely not giving out freebies so I have declined), he NEVER makes private pool requests but occasionally will make suggestions or ask how I would feel about ghost-writing "really steamy" erotica for him to publish. He once posted a public request, I sent an applicable article I had that was about dating/relationships, he never bought it and after that I started getting a borage of weird requests from him.

Can we do anything about clients like this? Is there a way to verify if he has ever paid for anything here at all, or if he is just asking for very specific things for his own personal *ahem* gratification?
Lysis

Re: Customer Making Odd Requests?

Post by Lysis »

lol that's crazy. What a loon. If it's only once every few months, I'd just ignore him. He'll go away sooner or later.
Kthorpe

Post by Kthorpe »

It started as just here and there, but now it is like he is stalking my profile, waiting for new content to drop (to see that I'm active) and then hit me with back to back messages with comments about how it's great to se me "back at it" etc...

I really wish we had an option to anonymously block certain "customers" from reaching out to us directly.

Otherwise, I may need to change my pen name and make my profile picture a large, hairy man.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Contact support right away and explain what is happening. I would expect they know just how to handle such a client and prevent him from bothering you in the future.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

oh yeah, that would be annoying. I really don't care that much but if it happened every time I added content, that would be annoying. What a weirdo.