October Pay

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

cathleengarvey

October Pay

Post by cathleengarvey »

Did the mid October payments go out yet? I finally completed and sold a bunch of articles just now and am not sure if I made the payment deadline?
ScottBrodie

Re: October Pay

Post by ScottBrodie »

Not as of posting this.
cathleengarvey

Post by cathleengarvey »

Fantastic, thanks! :D
monkeypie

Post by monkeypie »

Two o'clock west coast time, and I've received no payment yet.

How about the rest of you guys?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Isn't it a holiday for them? Thanksgiving? I saw something about Canadian Thanksgiving.
monkeypie

Post by monkeypie »

Lysis wrote:Isn't it a holiday for them? Thanksgiving? I saw something about Canadian Thanksgiving.
Pretty sure that Canadian holiday was Monday.

Still waiting..... anyone get paid yet?
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

Still nothing at this end - and it's already Friday 16th 10.40am for me, so I guess the working day is over already in Canada by now?
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Does anyone know if it's holiday time in Canada and the staff are away? I'd love to know! I'm trying to get in touch with CC because I sadly need to give up one of my private clients (because I have extra teaching work) but I need another writer to replace me. I don't want to keep bothering them with emails but I'm not sure why I'm not getting any responses yet. I've been emailing instead of using the contact form, and email usually works fine.

Thanks,

Abba
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Abbamay wrote:Does anyone know if it's holiday time in Canada and the staff are away? I'd love to know! I'm trying to get in touch with CC because I sadly need to give up one of my private clients (because I have extra teaching work) but I need another writer to replace me. I don't want to keep bothering them with emails but I'm not sure why I'm not getting any responses yet. I've been emailing instead of using the contact form, and email usually works fine.

Thanks,

Abba
It isn't a holiday today in Canada, but it is Election Day. Not sure about CC, but some offices are closing early today to allow their employees time to go vote.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I had no idea! Thank you for that.
spinny

Post by spinny »

Pay is only once a month, is it not? Or has that changed to be on the 15th and the 1st?
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

spinny wrote:Pay is only once a month, is it not? Or has that changed to be on the 15th and the 1st?
You can now request payment every 2 weeks (isn't necessarily the 1st and the 15th - depends on Stat holidays, etc).
Click on "Edit My Account" and then change Payment Frequency to Semi-Monthly.
spinny

Post by spinny »

HiredGun wrote:
spinny wrote:Pay is only once a month, is it not? Or has that changed to be on the 15th and the 1st?
You can now request payment every 2 weeks (isn't necessarily the 1st and the 15th - depends on Stat holidays, etc).
Click on "Edit My Account" and then change Payment Frequency to Semi-Monthly.
I had no idea! Thank you for replying! :)