Writer Pool Problems

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

JasmineStone

Writer Pool Problems

Post by JasmineStone »

So yesterday I received an email saying some articles were available to be claimed in a writer pool and they needed to be in by Monday. I claimed four of the articles and got all the info/research together so I could write them over the weekend.

A few hours later I got another email saying that the articles for that project should be in by the end of the day (Thursday). I emailed back to find out what's going on and haven't heard back yet, but this morning one of the claimed articles has already disappeared from the list.

It's so frustrating because I've already spent time doing the research for these articles, and the email I received quite clearly stated the deadline as Monday...I wouldn't have taken them otherwise, because I have no free time til weekend. And on top of that I've got no option but to hit the 'unclaim' button on the other three now, because there's no point just carrying on working on them if the request is going to disappear before I have chance to submit the article, and I assume that unclaiming articles doesn't look good on the writer pool record :evil:

Sorry about the rant...I just had to vent and get it out. Feel a bit better now :D
Lysis

Re: Writer Pool Problems

Post by Lysis »

I know what project you're talking about, and it's a spinoff of another that had a lot of writers frustrated on the forum. You know the budget is too low and too many writers get frustrated when work just sits there and no one takes it. lol
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Same thing happened to me a few months ago....the email bringing the deadline forward was a general one to all the writers in the pool and I didn't actually notice it until I got a long distance phone call to ask where the articles were, to my shock!

It is definitely unfair!
Constant

Post by Constant »

Sorry about that. I know which project you're talking about too. Bit of a mixup in communication, but we've confirmed that if you get them in for Monday you'll still be fine.
JasmineStone

Post by JasmineStone »

Nice to know it's not just me :D

Unfortunately I've already unclaimed the articles, but thanks for the reply Constant.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

I feel for you, Jasmine! Bringing forward a deadline is SO difficult when we're already busy with other things in life or other writing jobs. :(

I hope you have a wonderful weekend anyway.

Abba