Have you ever had your article accepted verbatim?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

light87

Have you ever had your article accepted verbatim?

Post by light87 »

Hey fellow CC authors,

Meh, I've been trying really hard to get my acceptance % up. It seems to be at 50% or so atm.

I think a good indicator of progress is when fewer edits are made to my accepted articles.

So I was wondering, for those of you with high acceptance %, are most of your articles accepted verbatim? Or do you find that edits are still being made to the final version?
Lysis

Re: Have you ever had your article accepted verbatim?

Post by Lysis »

I don't ever look at them post-accepted. lol I suppose if I was having a hard time I would. The acceptance rate isn't affected if you resubmit, is it? I thought the acceptance rate only suffers if you abandon the article?

I know lots of people track stuff. I'm more like "Here is article hope it sells" and then I forget about it. lol
light87

Post by light87 »

Lysis wrote:I don't ever look at them post-accepted. lol I suppose if I was having a hard time I would. The acceptance rate isn't affected if you resubmit, is it? I thought the acceptance rate only suffers if you abandon the article?

I know lots of people track stuff. I'm more like "Here is article hope it sells" and then I forget about it. lol
Well you probably never resubmit and get the article accepted the first time around lol.

If what you say is true, then my acceptance rate is like 90+% then... but it can't be that easy XD.

You should check your accepted articles and do a "compare document" with your original. I mean, I dunno... Besides making $$$, the editors are here to help us improve our writing. Just because they don't ask for revisions, doesn't mean there aren't any.

But, I'm sure your articles are probably unchanged. I mean you've been here for like almost 10 years, lysis!
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

Lysis wrote:I don't ever look at them post-accepted. lol I suppose if I was having a hard time I would. The acceptance rate isn't affected if you resubmit, is it? I thought the acceptance rate only suffers if you abandon the article?

I'm with you, Lysis. I never check for changes on accepted articles. When it comes down to dollars per hour, I would rather spend the time creating new content to sell. Might be helpful to understand any minor modifications being made so as to avoid those same changes on upcoming articles, but if the change isn't major enough to send the article back to me for a revision, I'm not going to lose revenue-generating time over it.
evaku

Post by evaku »

I am pretty much 100% positive that editors do not make any changes to the accepted articles, especially not those destined for the catalog. I don't spend too much time looking at my accepted articles but I do once in a while and haven't noticed any changes. If it gets through the way you wrote it then it gets through. If they have even one edit they want from you then it gets kicked back for you to fix.

I do have my suspicions that for high volume orders they might change a typo or two just to speed up the process, but I have never actually seen an example of this.

And yeah I am sure the acceptance rate is affected when you resubmit, otherwise I would be at 100% because I've never abandoned working on an article. Speaking of, is there a way to check your actual acceptance rate anymore? There used to be when we had a "writer's pool" tab!