Errors in other authors' articles.

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

contentwriter

Errors in other authors' articles.

Post by contentwriter »

What should we do if we find errors or misleading information in another writer's article (through the preview)? Leave it alone?
Isabelnewth

Re: Errors in other authors' articles.

Post by Isabelnewth »

I don't see that there is anything you can do about that. Once, I was so incensed by what I thought were hideous mistakes to the extent I thought they would bring the site into disrepute. I went and emailed the editor but immediately regretted it. It isn't our job to keep an eye on each other.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

That was my worry too. My concern was that if the same client bought two articles on the same topic (by different authors), the information might be contradictory. One would be accurate and the other inaccurate. And the buyer would have to deal with the consequences on their website. But my guts told me to leave it alone, and what you said just seems to confirm it's all we can do. Thanks.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I see SEO advice that's pretty bad all the time. But, it's up to the customer to determine the right content for his site. One of the great reasons customers should use CC is that they can see the content before they buy. Much better than hiring a random somewhere and not getting what you paid for. I think it's fair to assume the customer is the expert and we are writing high level content that the customer should review and ensure he wants on his site.

So, I don't bother anyone if I see something I don't agree with or even if there is a misspelling. I don't think it's any of my business really, and if you want to get technical, bad info or misspellings just means I have a better chance of selling over that writer.
gators18

Post by gators18 »

contentwriter wrote:What should we do if we find errors or misleading information in another writer's article (through the preview)? Leave it alone?
Snitches get stitches.

Seriously though, just do it better at a higher price.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

lol exactly

Snitches get stitches is my motto too. Don't be a narc.