What is your CC "Eureka" moment?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Misiu

Re: What is your CC "Eureka" moment?

Post by Misiu »

I've not written much yet, and have only posted a couple of articles on here so far. It was nice to go on holiday for a couple of weeks then come back to find an article had sold and the money was in my Paypal account though!
Zabrina

Post by Zabrina »

That's awesome, Misiu! I had a similar experience :)

I sold an article a little while ago for a request and sold another tonight; my last few submitted articles weren't rejected... I think I'm getting the hang of this. :D
charmbaker

Post by charmbaker »

Greetings & Salutations,
I thought I had my Eureka moment 2 weeks ago when 2 of my articles were purchased. One sold for $40 (full rights), while the other was purchased by the same customer for $30 (usage). Of course I was ecstatic! I actually felt like I had discovered GOLD. That is, until I placed a few ads to tell other writers about CC and much to my delight, ended up with 3 newly referred writers! I'm not only glad for the potential money they may earn me, but I'm happy I was able to help someone else see what a great site CC is. I can't wait until THEY get their Eureka moments!!!
CaroBeth

Post by CaroBeth »

I just had my first CC Eureka moment--my first article sold. :)
EMJames

Post by EMJames »

I have been pouring over the posts about how to write articles suitable for online content. My first articles read more like stuffy academic papers rather than more readable and accessible content typical to websites. After checking in today and seeing that two of my articles sold in the last two days, I had my “eureka” moment. Although I’ve sold only three articles, I am very pleased that my work and the help of this forum have made me continue plugging away. Thanks so much all. The “eureka” moment was a very nice moment.
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Congratulations to you both! Enjoy the moment :)
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

I think I have had a couple of Eureka moments; the first, when my first article sold soon after a 'fraudulent sale' was reversed, and I was feeling really down - that was a like a treat!

The second was recent and a true discovery - there was a request that involved my line of work, so I dashed off an article - and it sold within the three days. And then I said let me stop sitting on my laurels and wrote one more - and that too sold! It was truly a great feeling to know that I could deliver, repeatedly!
cashwriter

Post by cashwriter »

I haven't had a Eureka moment per se, but I did have a holy !@#$ moment today. Two out of my three first articles were approved (the other is still being reviewed)! I'm freaking ELATED! Now, since they were both for requests, we'll see if they actually get picked up or not (I know there is a ton of great competition on this site). But either way, I apparently passed muster, and am looking forward to submitting more articles this week!
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

The posts on this thread are so inspiring...I've been wanting to post my own CC eureka moment for a long time. I just had my first little eureka moment: three different sales in three days! Two of the sales were recent articles, but one had been in my pipeline for 70 days. I have been working so hard on building up my portfolio and exploring different strategies, it feels like my hard work is finally paying off and things are starting to roll. It's only a week into August and there's more money in my account than I made the entire month of July because of these three sales!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Things are definitely starting to roll for you. This is why you hear many of us harping "keep writing, keep submitting, build your portfolio" because once it starts to roll, watch out!
canywriter

Post by canywriter »

Yeah, the posts are truly motivating! It's like everybody's successes add to the motivation - and that's the great thing about cc!
Greg

Post by Greg »

My personal Eureka moment was recent. I've been here for quite some time, and had my fair share of "Yay, first sale" and "Holy crap, that sold for THAT much?" and the like. After going on hiatus for many months, however, I returned to find almost all my unsold articles sold. I don't know what CC's numbers are, but I thought it was pretty exciting that even articles written for a public request in a niche area were still being picked up after being passed over initially.

Its given me motivation to go ahead and write about whatever I like instead of concentrating solely on public requests, because hey - $50 from an article that takes months to sell is still $50.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

Greg, that IS inspiring. I haven't submitted anything for the past few days, but hearing that kinda motivates me to pick up the pace a little...my future self may thank me for it!
Sharion

Post by Sharion »

My Eureka moment is right this very moment! I'm so excited I don't know what to do! Tears, yes, real ones. Wow! After reading so many rejection threads I was expecting the worst. But WOW! I just got my first article accepted by Ed!

Flying fingers, here I come!
Debbi

Post by Debbi »

Congratulations! Be sure to let us know when you get your first sale :D