What is your CC "Eureka" moment?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

jak

Re: What is your CC "Eureka" moment?

Post by jak »

Congratulations, Tianna. I remember the feeling.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

I think today counts as a CC Eureka! moment for me.

I got my first sale on a real estate related article. The customer paid $40 for usage rights. Being the obsessive type, I looked to see whether it was listed on the "Recently Sold" list. Sure enough, it was there, along with several other real estate articles that sold full rights for considerably less money.

It hit me that a lot of people are losing money...
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Congrats! May it be the first of many. WG
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

Thanks, WG!
writingright

Post by writingright »

jellygator wrote:I think today counts as a CC Eureka! moment for me.

I got my first sale on a real estate related article. The customer paid $40 for usage rights. Being the obsessive type, I looked to see whether it was listed on the "Recently Sold" list. Sure enough, it was there, along with several other real estate articles that sold full rights for considerably less money.

It hit me that a lot of people are losing money...
Congrats! What an awesome feeling.
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

Thank you!
RGrimsby

Post by RGrimsby »

I just sold my first article! It was the second one I submitted, and it sold within hours of being approved. As a recent college graduate with nary a job offer to be found in this economy, it's a comfort to know I can get paid for my expertise from my school and training. It might not be through a conventional job at the moment, but it's nice to know my bachelor's degree did yield some value. What's better, people seem to pay me to write about things I care about, things that really interest and excite me. This is a great motivator for me to keep learning, even though I'm out of school.

Yay!
jellygator

Post by jellygator »

Congrats! May you have many more, too!

I've been trying to think of ways to promote CC elsewhere so we can all have lots and lots more of 'em.
talliecat

Post by talliecat »

My Eureka moment may not be as profound or exciting as some of the others but I just sold my first article after being a member for 3 weeks. It was the second article I'd submitted and it been returned twice for revisions. I resubmitted for the third time yesterday and woke up this morning to find not only had it finally been accepted but it had sold for a usage licence within hours of being accepted. Woo-hoo!
sleepydoc

Post by sleepydoc »

Yep, I think I just had mine, too. A week ago, I was frustrated trying to figure out how things worked and taking the word "rejected" too personally and thinking it meant my article was done for. I calmed down, learned that at this site rejection means- "do these things to fix it", fixed it and resubmitted. I exhaled when the article was accepted. And now it just sold for a good full-rights price! Thrilled and now will be writing more articles, especially similar in tone and subject to see how that goes.

yay for us!
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Hooray! I love it when it finally clicks. Enjoy!
sleepydoc

Post by sleepydoc »

Thank you, Celeste - and nice to "meet" you. I have another project I'm finishing elsewhere, but can't wait to get some more articles into the system here. :!:
postit

Post by postit »

I have to admit I was giving up on CC. I didn't have trouble getting articles accepted by CC but I couldn't seem to crack a sale. I was about to write a post asking someone to look at my work an tell me what I was doing wrong! I wrote 15 articles, all different topics, over the course of a month or so, and had hits but not a bite. Just today I thought I would let the titles sit, maybe delete some and use them elsewhere because nothing was moving. Then I came home and opened my first CONGRATULATIONS! email. An article sold for usage! Not big bucks but it's a start, a big boost and makes me want to keep contributing!
mnicol22

Post by mnicol22 »

Awesome thread! I only now noticed it! :)

I found CC because I was looking for it! Well... so I like to think! In reality, I had been working for the wrong site for quite some time. No standards, no pay, rushing deadlines etc. But since I barely ever sleep, i thought even that would be better than doing absolutely nothing! (After all, there is not much that your neighbors allow you to do at 4 in the morning!) A couple of months ago I lost my day job so I was suddenly found with more free time on my hands than I could stand. So, while working on an assignment I thought "there has to be a better way to do this!". After a rather quick google search, I landed on CC and here I am! :) Simple as that!
AlexBramwell

Post by AlexBramwell »

No Eureka moment, but I submitted 40 articles during December, and have sold four so far. I aim to write three a day this year and see where that gets me!