Spirituality, Telepathy and Hauntings.

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

melissan

Spirituality, Telepathy and Hauntings.

Post by melissan »

So, I've been a writer here at CC for a number of years, but I just got back into writing online the past few months.

I admit, the standing request for articles on hauntings, spirituality, vampirism, telepathy, etc., intrigues me but I don't see the SEO value in any of it.

I'd love to write about these topics, but are they really something that sell?
evaku

Re: Spirituality, Telepathy and Hauntings.

Post by evaku »

Yes, but they do take time. When I write for my catalog I write what interests ME, because I don't want to lose my mind only writing requests which are pleasantly challenging, but not so much up my alley interest-wise. So I write a lot of spirituality (and religion) content, and over time, it does sell. I have a couple of buyers who seem to come back from time to time and browse my catalog and pick up stuff on Buddhism, meditation, and spirituality stuff. Over the past 3 days I've sold 3 articles from my spirituality stock, that I wrote quite a while ago. When I write for my catalog I almost always just consider it an investment for the future, so this works for me just fine. Though when there is a standing request for this stuff, I find that it tends to go a little faster.

That's my experience anyway! Maybe its different for others :D
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Everything sells here it seems.

It does help to write about what you like. I've taken like 4 hours dragging my feet writing something I don't like but 20 mins writing something I do.
melissan

Post by melissan »

I find that most articles sell, too. I was just curious about the spirituality ones because it's definitely a topic that interests me yet I have not written anything about it. I like the thought of writing for catalog vs. orders....makes life interesting.
Stuarts

Post by Stuarts »

Lysis - Quick heads up. The dooplee.com site that is linked to on your profile is coming up with a "server down" error.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Stuarts wrote:Lysis - Quick heads up. The dooplee.com site that is linked to on your profile is coming up with a "server down" error.
ooh oops. Yeah, I need to remove that. Handed it over to my "partner" and he's a complete loser. Thanks for the headsup. I don't own the domain name. :(