Problems with new submission system

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

cathleengarvey

Problems with new submission system

Post by cathleengarvey »

Is anyone else having problems with the new submission system? Apart from almost ALL my articles getting rejected over the last few days I cannot fix them as I cannot see comment boxes that are lower than the first 2 paragraphs of my articles. When I scroll down the comments stay static, and I tried to revise the articles which led to the same one getting rejected 5 times now. I included a note in the submission explaining what was happening and was told to contact support. I have been writing to support for 3 days and had no reply. I'm so stressed out with it all because the articles are for a writer pool that I will probably be kicked out of now. The deadline has passed and I cannot submit them until I hear back from support.

Any help? :(
J. A. Young

Re: Problems with new submission system

Post by J. A. Young »

I'm having problems too...plus editor (new editor?) is saying that words are missing but none appear to be missing on my end so I think there are glitches...and would you believe my email is acting up too?! So, I will also get in touch with support also as soon as I can. I would imagine that the technical staff is on it though! I finally figured out how to paste my doc in the long summary. I guess it's normal to have some growing pains with a new format though:) On that note, I think I will comfort myself with a fresh cup of coffee! Good luck!
jak

Post by jak »

[quote="J. A. Young"] my email is acting up too?! So, I will also get in touch with support also as soon as I can[/quote]

In case you are not already aware, you don't have to use your email to contact support. Just click on Contact (top right) and choose Author Related and you can write a message and send it from the site.
J. A. Young

Post by J. A. Young »

Thanks! I had read that before but forgot all about it! Yes, that will be convenient!
cathleengarvey

Post by cathleengarvey »

Hi All,

I received a reply from Ed with a screen shot of my article in the content editor and there are more comment boxes that can be accessed if you scroll down, but when I do it from my end the first one doesn't move and I can't see what's underneath. Is this happening for anyone else?
literarylady

Post by literarylady »

I liked the old system better. I find that I'm doing double work in the content editor section where things do not line up correctly, spacing becomes to wide, lettering is so small and hard to read, and you still have to upload your document, which is now at the bottom, don't you? Maybe someone needs to explain how this is suppose to work because when I look in the writers guide for the new submission format, the old system is still showing. Is anyone else having problems with this new submissions system?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I don't do anything but copy/paste from Word. If you set up word where you have to manually double space paragraphs, the spacing is done for you when you paste it. It's so much easier now.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Literary Lady, are you saying that you are still uploading your work as a file to CC? The new system doesn't ask me to do that, just copy and paste the whole document into the content editor. It's a lot quicker...I can't see where you even can upload files onto the submission form. I had some trouble before when I was accessing the wrong site a different version of the CC site that worked differently, very strange it was. I wonder if that's happening to you? Anyway, I think if you are having to uplaod files, maybe you should ask support what is going on. Good luck!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I think if you get a edit request you can upload a file. I was confused at first with my first rejection.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

Ah I see, I didn't notice that and I'm sure I have had quite a few rejections ( was on an awful streak with one editor). I didn't upload the edited file, just changed it on the content editor form, so I don't think you have to upload. I prefer the new way, as I always have a nagging feeling I've uploaded the wrong version or something: it seems better to be able to see what you've submitted. Cheers!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yes, it took me a couple rejections to figure out that I just needed to change the content and not upload a file. lol Finally sunk in and now I understand.