I need HELP

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

cmcmahon66

I need HELP

Post by cmcmahon66 »

Aargh!

Yesterday I claimed my first writer pool request, an article about texting and driving and listing 5 videos that would discourage it. The requirements also specifically request authoritative links in the article and a link to the business that is posting the article, so I included those plus the links to the videos.

The problem is, when I submitted the article last night, I forgot to mark it as a request so I received it back today with instructions about taking out the links etc. I went to resubmit with a note explaining that it was an article for an order with those things requested and tried to resubmit. It said I forgot to reattach the file. I did that and whoosh it was sent but the area where my note was was blank.

So now I don't know if the editor will get my note with the resubmission and will think I just sent back the same thing unchanged, and I've seen people getting suspended for that. Or less. So I'm in a bit of a panic. I tried to resubmit my article from scratch but it doesn't work once something with that title is in the queue.

Moral is, if you are submitting to a request, DON'T forget to click on that part of the form because you only get that one chance on the initial submission!

Hoping someone can talk me down or tell me how to fix this. Thanks!
cmcmahon66

Re: I need HELP

Post by cmcmahon66 »

UPDATE: Now it has been rejected again with "please do not resubmit". I don't know what to do next. I need to contact a support person or editor from CC directly, I think. Not sure how to go about that.

UPDATE AGAIN: I found an email form under the contact menu and sent a note via that. If I haven't heard any response by this time tomorrow, I guess I will just throw back the article request, but I hate to have wasted time writing something that I won't get paid for, AND that I can't really sell elsewhere, AND look like a flake to the client. The deadline is Monday so hopefully someone would be able to take it and do it by then.

Better that than risking getting banned/suspended I think.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

That's really annoying.

I know what yopu mean about comments vanishing: in fact i started a thread asking what to do about that somewhere here...I think the thread's called 'resubmission question' or something...the answer seemed to be that you dont save the comment, you just type it before submitting, but it's certainly a disquieting thing to say the least.

Anyway, I am sure the eds will get back to you if you emailed support about the problem, or did you just email the client? If so, maybe you should email support just to explain what happpened.

The contact button at the top right of the dashboard is the right one. But I'm sure it'll be ok anyway...good luck!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Here is what I would do...

I think I would submit a "new" article, but this time properly tagging it for a request. Then, just mention in notes that you had unsuccessfully submitted it before without tagging it, and the editor was rejecting it for not being up to standards. Just apologize, say you've contacted support, and there has been a mixup.

CC isn't your huge corporation where contacting someone means you're contacting someone in another state and that someone doesn't communicate. We're talking a small business here, so they will talk.
cmcmahon66

Post by cmcmahon66 »

Well I was too worried about angering the Powers That Be with another submission when told not to, but decided to wait to hear from CC via my support query. Never heard from them and the request expired.

I am going to stick with my own stuff and skip the pool writing, I think. It was too much time and aggravation for a small amount of money, even if I had been able to salvage the submission. File under lessons learned.

My regular "on spec" article writing has been doing pretty well, so I will concentrate there.

Thanks for the responses, I do appreciate your attempts to help and advise.
cmcmahon66

Post by cmcmahon66 »

Was out of town and busy so just getting back here. Several days after this (and after the deadline and I had give up) I got a very encouraging note in response to my support message to resubmit my article with the correct tagging on the submission form and then send an email to the support person and they would see that it got put through immediately. I did as directed and it was. All was well, and I appreciate it.