Wasting my life on refreshing

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

freelanceprowriter

Wasting my life on refreshing

Post by freelanceprowriter »

I'm wondering how people manage to get jobs with the Writer Pools. I get the notifications for each and every article listed in my email, but by then, it's too late. I sit and refresh the pool page from the time I wake up and nada, then later I get the notifications. How do you actually get these jobs? I have literally spent hours refreshing, but the client has no set day to post his articles, so it means I have to do this every 30 seconds or so from 5 am until midnight in order to catch any articles. It's getting frustrating. This morning I slept in one hour and missed all the assignments.
Lysis

Re: Wasting my life on refreshing

Post by Lysis »

Those requests go fast. I've claimed 2 before, and sold articles for both.

Just write for the open pool. I happened to catch the requests when I was sitting at my desk, so it was easy to pick them up.

Refreshing like that isn't worth it.
Isabelnewth

Post by Isabelnewth »

FLPro I know what you mean: I think I know the pool you are talking about. It used to be very easy to pick up a few articles there: though the pay wasn't great, but now it seems to be impossible. I think that what people say must be right though, that you should just write about subjects that interest you and try for the pool ones if you want when you see them, but try not to stress too much. I have been relying on the writers pool ones too much for my own good really and things are not so easy now on that front. :cry: I am going to make an effort to build up a larger catalogue since everyone says that works.
ChrisBlank

Post by ChrisBlank »

I have also missed several drops for one particular pool, including one this morning. The customer used to drop several hundred titles at a time; now it's down to a a couple of dozen, at most. The titles are easy and mostly fund to write, but I fell into a rut of depending too much on assignments from that writer pool also. Fortunately I do have other clients, but I can see now I will need to step things up several notches outside of Constant Content so that I am not sitting on pins an needles waiting for writer pool assignments or worried about delays in payouts. :?
freelanceprowriter

Post by freelanceprowriter »

Yeah, I think I've started to rely on the Writer pool requests too much, but they made up the majority of my income from CC for a while. I've set my email to automatically delete the post-article notifications so I won't get so frustrated. I think you all have the right idea, to just work on building the catalog. Not as nice as immediate sales, but probably more worthwhile!

I just read the other thread on this and it looks like there is just one or two people taking all the jobs, possibly for outsourcing, so it probably isn't really worth trying for this pool anymore.
jak

Post by jak »

[quote="ChrisBlank"]I just read the other thread on this and it looks like there is just one or two people taking all the jobs, possibly for outsourcing, so it probably isn't really worth trying for this pool anymore.[/quote]

Where is that other thread about this? I don't remember seeing it.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I think he/she is talking about this https://www.constant-content.com/forum/ ... =3&t=41579
jak

Post by jak »

Thanks, Lysis.