Standing Request Topics & Pricing Question

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

StephanieS

Standing Request Topics & Pricing Question

Post by StephanieS »

Hi everyone,
I'm coming back to CC after a long absence. I had a list of the standing request topics on my old computer, but it crashed, then someone stole my external hard drive everything was backed up on. Can someone tell me what the standing order topics are, please? I know finance, home and garden and spirituality, but I know there were more.

Also, can someone please give me the formula for figuring out how much to charge to get what you want after commission? Lost that too. :(

Computer crashes stink. Thieves also stink. I was so smart, backing everything up. Just didn't hide that drive well enough.
Lysis

Re: Standing Request Topics & Pricing Question

Post by Lysis »

There is a tab for standing requests, but there was one for energy and one for broadband a few months ago.

CC has a guideline I believe in the article submission page for what to charge. There's such a huge difference in what people charge around here.
StephanieS

Post by StephanieS »

Lysis wrote:There is a tab for standing requests, but there was one for energy and one for broadband a few months ago.

CC has a guideline I believe in the article submission page for what to charge. There's such a huge difference in what people charge around here.
Thanks, Lysis. I'll go look again. I must have missed it.

ETA: Found the standing orders tab, and found the formula somewhere else. In case anyone is interested, it's Price You Want divided by .65, so say you want $20, you would divide $20 by .65 to see how much to charge.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

After being on CC so long, I have like every amount I will earn from charging a certain amount memorized from $30 to $60. lol
StephanieS

Post by StephanieS »

Lysis wrote:After being on CC so long, I have like every amount I will earn from charging a certain amount memorized from $30 to $60. lol
LOL! Well, I'm going to know all those soon too.