Are energy, broadband and insurance articles still selling?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Abbamay

Are energy, broadband and insurance articles still selling?

Post by Abbamay »

Hi guys,

I was wondering if our wonderful UK buyer is still around. I haven't seen any standing requests for energy, mobile, broadband or insurance for a while. Someone on the forum mentioned that these requests might only be available in writer pools now. Does anyone know? I have asked CC and received no answer.

Lysis, S.J. Hillman - do you have any idea? You seem to be up with the play! :)

Thanks for your help.

Abba May
Lysis

Re: Are energy, broadband and insurance articles still selli

Post by Lysis »

I didn't write for any of those, but I noticed they were still selling after the request was pulled.
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Thanks for the reply, Lysis. I haven't been seeing many similar titles in recent sales, but will keep looking. It was a great way to earn money!
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yeah, I know I shoulda gotten on the bandwagon, but I had some other gigs paying much more, so I focused on those.

I haven't seen them sell as much anymore, but I know they were selling at least for a little while after the job was pulled.
JDWhang

Post by JDWhang »

A couple of my credit card articles and an energy article actually sold to the guy who usually buys the big bulk orders this morning. Maybe the demand for them will return shortly?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

JDWhang wrote:A couple of my credit card articles and an energy article actually sold to the guy who usually buys the big bulk orders this morning. Maybe the demand for them will return shortly?
I noticed a bunch sold yesterday too.

I got a sale, went on the site about an hour later and no money and the article is not marked sold. I think I got a chargeback. :(
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

That's a pity, Lysis! Hope it sells properly soon.

That's interesting, JDWhang. Glad you sold some. I was wondering why CC answer questions and messages but never the part when I ask about the UK buyer. Maybe they're hoping he'll put in some big orders again too.
evaku

Post by evaku »

Abbamay wrote: Maybe they're hoping he'll put in some big orders again too.
I'm sure hoping for that!!
Abbamay

Post by Abbamay »

Well, our wonderful buyer has shown up again! So glad we have the opportunity to write for him again. Thanks editors for the amazing hard work you did getting everything edited in a short time for the energy request yesterday!
EFowler

Post by EFowler »

Indeed, that was a great experience! Article approved within minutes and sold straight away. I think I'll be writing a few more on that topic, luckily it's kind of related to my 'day job' so I was able to pull an interesting subject from the recesses of my work-brain - and there are a few more in there too.

On a similar note, I submitted an article to a public request (that's still open), and as I'm in a different time zone woke up this morning to an 'article accepted' and an 'article sold' email, both in the space of an hour :D I'm off to a festival this afternoon (hoping the rain's going to stop soon :roll: ), but I'm feeling the urge to stay at home and write instead . . . . . . very unlike me when there's live music and cider to be enjoyed!