question about recent high volume orders

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

stelle

question about recent high volume orders

Post by stelle »

How do you deal with awkward keywords? Do they have to be written in that specific order, or do you add small words in between to make them read better? For instance, if your keywords are "solar panels cheap electricity", it's hard to put them in a natural-sounding sentence without sticking a "for" in the middle. So when it comes to keywords and SEO, does it matter if the word and/or/for/etc is inserted between keywords? Or should we be forcing the awkward phrasing?

Thanks!
S
evaku

Re: question about recent high volume orders

Post by evaku »

stelle wrote:How do you deal with awkward keywords? Do they have to be written in that specific order, or do you add small words in between to make them read better? For instance, if your keywords are "solar panels cheap electricity", it's hard to put them in a natural-sounding sentence without sticking a "for" in the middle. So when it comes to keywords and SEO, does it matter if the word and/or/for/etc is inserted between keywords? Or should we be forcing the awkward phrasing?

Thanks!
S
Yup I have that problem, and I have never gotten in trouble for adding small words and such. I try to use the phrase as much as I can, so for example I might go "Solar power for homes - Is it right for you?" Or something like that. That's just an example (and I think a pretty bad one..) but I think you get my point. Keywords like yours however.. that is tricky and I can't imagine that you'd get in trouble for changing it up a bit as I do that all the time. I'm really no SEO expert but that's just my experience!
stelle

Post by stelle »

Thanks evaku! Do you just add words in between, or do you actually change the order of your keywords? I'm working with a long-tail keyword now that's a bit awkward...it would be much easier to switch the order up a bit. So...for (bad) example...

Could "solar panels cheap electricity" be switched to "cheap electricity with solar panels" while still meeting the requirements?

(I know that I could contact CC directly with this question, but I figure that - with the keywords that have been coming up lately - I can't be the only person with this problem!)
evaku

Post by evaku »

Hmm, I personally think that your example is okay and something that I would probably try as well. I have regularly changed words such as "compare" to "comparing" or "cheap" to "cheaper/cheapest."

For example, I have had "compare gas" and I've changed it to "comparing x and y gas tariffs."

If that is okay (I've never been told otherwise and done quite a few of them) then I can't imagine that keeping the actual keywords but just switching the orders would be so bad to do. Sorry if any of that leads you wrong but I think you're okay! I've never had something quite as hard as yours but I don't see how you can reasonably be expected to not get a little creative.
jak

Post by jak »

I've never had this problem in CC, but I often have it in other commissioned work. If an agency or webmaster sets keywords, I will only get paid if I comply exactly with the words, but the punctuation doesn't matter. If I had the keywords in your example, I would end a sentence with solar panels, and start a new one with cheap electricity, eg. "It doesn't take long for the engineers to fit your roof with solar panels. Cheap electricity will soon follow."
stelle

Post by stelle »

jak wrote:I've never had this problem in CC, but I often have it in other commissioned work. If an agency or webmaster sets keywords, I will only get paid if I comply exactly with the words, but the punctuation doesn't matter. If I had the keywords in your example, I would end a sentence with solar panels, and start a new one with cheap electricity, eg. "It doesn't take long for the engineers to fit your roof with solar panels. Cheap electricity will soon follow."
Very creative fix to the problem! Thanks for sharing! I do think that - in general - we should try to stick exactly to the keywords if we can. The long-tail keywords are chosen because people are searching for them specifically. But I never thought about separating them into two sentences!
jak

Post by jak »

I can't really take the credit. It was something I learnt here - from our very own Celeste.