Slowing down

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

csjwilkinson

Slowing down

Post by csjwilkinson »

Has anyone else noticed a slowing down of available jobs on here?
Isabelnewth

Re: Slowing down

Post by Isabelnewth »

My feeling is that there are more large requests like the energy and credit card articles, but maybe there are fewer small ones. I have never once succeeded in selling an article to a small request though, only ones randomly written on spec, and ones for the large requests, so it's meant an upturn for me!
Lysis

Re: Slowing down

Post by Lysis »

Summers are slower for content writing. People go outside, vacations, and people just aren't interested in locking themselves down to a website all day like in the winters. I've been at this since 2008, and summers always suck for sales. Sucks for me, because recent financial needs have me writing content again (I'm a coder by trade).

I've sold to a few requests. My personal rule for requests is to only write what I think will sell in the general pool unless the request looks fun to write.

There's been some threads in the years I've been lurking this place where even prolific writers have commented about the summer slump.