how to access writer pools

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

nicole22biba

how to access writer pools

Post by nicole22biba »

Hi there,
although I'm not new here, I didn't know that we have writer pools where we can claim jobs. I've just found out from another forum thread on CC. Can anyone tell me how to access these pools? Is "requested content" section the pool the writers are talking about? And I'm not getting any notification in my email. Before, I used to receive emails regarding new job requests. Now, I don't get these emails in my email inbox. Are there any settings I should select? Or, I should contact CC support? I appreciate any information you can provide. Thank you.
nicole22biba

Re: how to access writer pools

Post by nicole22biba »

As far as I can see, many people are viewing this post, but none answers. Maybe, more details will help. The discussions related to the writer pools I'm talking about can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23993
one person says, "My applications for a few writer pools have been in "waiting" mode for well over a month. When will my applications be reviewed?"

Does anyone know how I can apply for these pools?
Tster

Post by Tster »

nicole22biba wrote:As far as I can see, many people are viewing this post, but none answers. Maybe, more details will help. The discussions related to the writer pools I'm talking about can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=23993
one person says, "My applications for a few writer pools have been in "waiting" mode for well over a month. When will my applications be reviewed?"

Does anyone know how I can apply for these pools?
<< Known as "writer pool requests," these requests are only available to
writers belonging to the related writer pool. To join a writer pool, you must
have at least 10 articles accepted by the Constant-Content editors, at
a 60 percent approval rate. After meeting that mark, you can go to the
Writer Pool Settings page and click on Apply for the pools that you're
interested in. From there, fill out a brief application and submit a writing
sample. >>
From the getting started guide.

I can't seem to find the 'Writer Pool Settings page', however that may be as I have only 6 accepted articles (3 articles in queue and then I'll have 9, and just one more and I can apply for a pool). I'm assuming you have 10+ articles accepted.
stelle

Post by stelle »

I've been in "waiting" status for months, and I know that there are others in the same boat. Honestly, I don't know that new people are being approved right now. Are there actually a lot of jobs to be claimed, or are there many more writers than jobs? Maybe someone who's a member of a writer's pool can chime in?

I'm not terribly worried about it. I'll just keep building my catalogue and writing to public requests for now.
nicole22biba

Post by nicole22biba »

<< Known as "writer pool requests," these requests are only available to
sample. >>

I can't seem to find the 'Writer Pool Settings page', however that may be as I have only 6 accepted articles (3 articles in queue and then I'll have 9, and just one more and I can apply for a pool). I'm assuming you have 10+ articles accepted.[/quote]

I have ten articles accepted, but I don't see any "writer pool" on my page. I'm gonna write support a ticket. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.
Tster

Post by Tster »

nicole22biba wrote:<< Known as "writer pool requests," these requests are only available to
sample. >>

I can't seem to find the 'Writer Pool Settings page', however that may be as I have only 6 accepted articles (3 articles in queue and then I'll have 9, and just one more and I can apply for a pool). I'm assuming you have 10+ articles accepted.

I have ten articles accepted, but I don't see any "writer pool" on my page. I'm gonna write support a ticket. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.[/quote]

Do you have the 60% approval rate?
SMichael

Post by SMichael »

I asked support about this a while ago when I reached 10+ articles with a better than 60% approval rate and was told that the menu option to apply isn't automatic anymore. The feeling I got is that admissions to writer pools are de facto closed or at least extremely limited at the moment, I assume because they're full up already.
nicole22biba

Post by nicole22biba »

This is what CC replied:

"The pools are actually only accessible via invitation from the editors. When they notice a writer consistently submitting error free work they'll often extend an invite."
so, we just have to wait and see...
evaku

Post by evaku »

meh, I've been waiting about a year now! At this point I have 104 approved articles and a 90% approval rate. I applied back when I only had the minimum requirements, but I applied via a link I found somewhere in this forum, not an actual invitation, which is why I guess it has just been sitting for this long. I only hope that the fact I did that doesn't somehow glitch my account from a real invite by the editors if it ever is to come!
SalmanRvF

Post by SalmanRvF »

Does error free work mean not getting a permanent rejection? Or does it mean not getting rejected even if the article is accepted later?
evaku

Post by evaku »

evaku wrote:meh, I've been waiting about a year now! At this point I have 104 approved articles and a 90% approval rate. I applied back when I only had the minimum requirements, but I applied via a link I found somewhere in this forum, not an actual invitation, which is why I guess it has just been sitting for this long. I only hope that the fact I did that doesn't somehow glitch my account from a real invite by the editors if it ever is to come!
I spoke too soon. Looks like they took a new batch of people and now I've been approved for articles. So just keep writing everyone and one day you might get that invite! this was totally unexpected for me. I'm a bit disappointed because I am out of town and won't be able to snag any of the current requests (well I could, but with such limited time the quality would surely suffer), but I am so, so ready to write for the next ones that come along.
SalmanRvF wrote:Does error free work mean not getting a permanent rejection? Or does it mean not getting rejected even if the article is accepted later?
It just means that the majority of the time you submit articles with no errors and no editing needed.