Help w/ formatting? I feel like an idiot

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

EAOtto

Help w/ formatting? I feel like an idiot

Post by EAOtto »

So, I've written here before and now it seems I've forgotten how. I had 4 articles come back for rewrites because I used double space (oops) instead of single. I fixed all of them exactly the same way. 2 went through, and 2 came back saying they were not correct. The only original rewrite instructions I was given was to fix the spacing issues.

I followed these guidelines:

Please professionally format your articles in 12 pt. Times New Roman or Arial black font with single spaced paragraphs and a double space between paragraphs. A full space between paragraphs helps the reader to determine where one paragraph ends and another begins. You should also observe this formatting rule for the content details section of the submission form.

Here's how I did it:

Title
(1 space)
asdasljf;lsjf;lasjfl;askjf;lsjdfl;skjf;lskj
akljhd;klfaj;sdlkjfl;asdfj;sldjf;slakdfj;asl
aslidjf;slajdkf;laskdfj;sldkjfsl;dfkj;asdjf
lijasldfkjas;dklfjsadl;fkjsal;dfkjs;dlfkjsd;

(double space between paragraphs per guidelines)
aldkjfl;asjdf;lkasjdfl;kasjdf;klasjdf;lkjasd
awl;eijf;asldkjfl;askdfj;sladkjfl;asdfj

But they were rejected again for spacing.

So, do I add a double space between paragraphs or just a single space?? The guidelines say to add double space between paragraphs, but then says "a full space between paragraphs" so, is that 1 space or 2?? Why am I so confused about this?? LOL

Thanks for following along with my crazy. :)

Lisa