Private Request

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

joejitzu

Private Request

Post by joejitzu »

Hi, Everyone,

I just received what I guess is a private request (I've never had one so I'm just assuming). I'd like to take it on, but just need to make sure it goes through CC. The request came from a CC customer via CC, so I'm assuming it's legit and anything I do will be handled through CC, so CC gets their cut. Is this how it works? Just want to stay on the up and up.

If this is how it works, how have you guys handled private requests? Do you negotiate price after finding how much work is required?

Thanks!

Rick
BarryDavidson

Re: Private Request

Post by BarryDavidson »

Submit it through CC just like you would any other article. If the author asks you to go outside CC to submit work I'd advise against it. It's against the TOS.

I haven't had a private request in a while, but I think you just set your prices just like you normally would. The customer can request that you put a certain amount in the boxes, but it's still up to you.
joejitzu

Re: Private Request

Post by joejitzu »

Thanks, Barry

That's what I figured and what I told the customer. Haven't heard back since! :)