When are articles written for public requests released?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

stelle

When are articles written for public requests released?

Post by stelle »

I wrote for a few public requests last week. While they've been viewed, the customer has obviously decided not to buy them. Oh well, such is the life of a writer.

How long before those articles are released to everyone else? Some of them were approved last Tuesday, and they still don't appear under my profile. I thought it was supposed to be 3 days? It doesn't really matter, since I don't think they'll be snapped up by anyone else right away...I'm just curious.

Thanks!
S
BarryDavidson

Re: When are articles written for public requests released?

Post by BarryDavidson »

Depends on the request. Three days is average, but it could take longer if the request is for a large number articles. Basically, in order to be released the customer has to come on and approve or disapprove of your article. In most cases don't look for your article to go into the general pool until the request expires.
stelle

Post by stelle »

Huh. So those looooong public requests (80 days, etc) mean that your article might be in limbo for a long time. Doesn't really worry me, since - like I said - I don't think it's likely to get snapped up right away. Still, that's a long wait!

Barry, I want to thank you for always taking the time to answer my questions. It's much appreciated! Are the forums always this sloooooow?
BarryDavidson

Post by BarryDavidson »

No actually. I was away for a while, and am quite surprised. I'd guess that a lot of our writers are experiencing the crush of what Google Panda has done to hits on websites. Quite a few writers here also write a lot of other places.