fixing error after acceptance?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Sakmeht

fixing error after acceptance?

Post by Sakmeht »

Hi everyone,

I recently submitted my first article and it was accepted and only now I've realized that I made a statement that should have been backed up with a source. I'd love to just delete one sentence, but it sounds like I can't do that now that it's been accepted? Can I only edit while it's still under review? It's really grating on me that I read that paper over two dozen times and only now I'm seeing a glaring error. Will I just have to let it go and assume no one will purchase it?

Thoroughly irritated at myself,
Sarita
jak

Re: fixing error after acceptance?

Post by jak »

The only thing you can do is delete the article and resubmit. In the short summary, add a note to the editors to tell them what you've done. Once it has been accepted, you can delete that part of the short summary.
alex8355

Post by alex8355 »

Is it possible to directly contact the editors and explain the situation? I believe they will appreciate such dedication and responsibility.
jak

Post by jak »

There is no way to contact the editors other than via a submission. You could contact support but I believe they would just tell you to do what I suggested. That is the way things work here.
Sakmeht

Post by Sakmeht »

Thank you, Jak,

I will do as you suggest. I want to cultivate a reputation for clean, exacting work here.

Sarita