Getting Your First Submitted Article Accepted

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

SLPerini

Getting Your First Submitted Article Accepted

Post by SLPerini »

Hi authors and would-be authors,

From someone who has been around the forums for a few weeks now, I've really taken my time as far as learning the specific process of submitting articles to the editors and later to be sold. If you have seen any posts from me, you might've noticed that I'm not someone who has much experience or a very consistent grasp of grammar and punctuation rules. I submitted my first article this morning, after proofreading the same article at least five times over the course of several days, fully expecting to be sent back for errors, I submitted otherwise and the result was extremely positive. Yes, it was accepted. This is one situation where the old saying: I did it, you can too--truly applies.

Some tips, all of these have been written before in the forums, but are true:

- Read and study the stickied threads in the forum (especially Self-Editing for C-C Success, by Ed)
- Learn and accept C-C's specific guidelines
- Proofread to the extreme, you won't make a much money doing this, but the momentum you get from having a superb article acceptance rate will ultimately get you farther than trying to resubmit rejected articles.
marshac1974

Re: Getting Your First Submitted Article Accepted

Post by marshac1974 »

Congrats to you!! I submitted my first yesterday but haven't heard anything. It must have something to do with the amount of submissions for the topic we choose to write about.
Well, good luck to you and cross your fingers for me! :D
lobobrandon

Re: Getting Your First Submitted Article Accepted

Post by lobobrandon »

I just submitted my first article and it's one about a public request. I hope it gets accepted and even better accepted by the client :D