OK, more than three days have passed and ...

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

ProseyRosie

OK, more than three days have passed and ...

Post by ProseyRosie »

I haven't heard a word from the client. What does is mean when they're still hanging on to your work after the three-day exclusivity period has ended? :?
Celeste Stewart

Re: OK, more than three days have passed and ...

Post by Celeste Stewart »

The three day exclusive review time is a courtesy to customers that request content. It gives them time to look at the submissions and make up their minds without worrying about someone else buying the articles before they have a chance to check them out. Before this was implemented, it wasn't unheard of for articles to sell to other customers which was annoying to the original requester. It used to even happen with private requests. This happened to me a lot, and from a writer's perspective it was also annoying. Sure, it was nice to have the sale, but it also meant either an annoyed customer or a complete rewrite.

Okay, enough of the history behind the exclusion period. What happens next? The original requester may very well purchase it. However, now that the time period has elapsed, the article will go into the general pool where anyone can buy it. This is a good thing in my opinion. You've given the customer a solid three days to look at the article without risk. Since the time period has expired, you now have other options - and you don't have to do anything.
ProseyRosie

Post by ProseyRosie »

Thanks, Celeste. I hope he/she is going to buy my article.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've seen it go both ways. My article got picked and I watched someone else's sell soon after, and I've not been picked and the article sells later on. My personal rule is that I no longer write for requests where I don't think the article will sell in the general pool, but that's just me and my personal opinion. I've written some of the "out there" requests, and they didn't sell and now they just sit there. It's mainly because I have no time to work more with what doesn't sell, but if you're clever, you can probably find ways to sell these articles.
ProseyRosie

Post by ProseyRosie »

Thanks, Lysis. The waiting is maddening :cry: , but I'm trying to stay positive. If it doesn't sell, I will try and find a way to rework it because I spent too much time on it to just let it sit there.
iamyownboss

Post by iamyownboss »

Hi All!
I'm new here... been submitting my work for just over a month and I'm loving CC already :) I saw that it seems to be common knowledge on these boards that the exclusive access for articles submitted for public requests is 3 days, after which they're automatically released to the general pool. Well, so far every single article I've submitted that went past the 3 days was still stuck with the client. I contacted support 2 separate times, and each time they were manually released. The 2nd time I was told that clients have exclusive access for 7 days. I'm confused... I can't find any official info on the site that states how many days it is supposed to be. Has anyone faced this problem? For further submissions I intend to wait 7 days to see if any article gets released. I don't want to bother support too often, so it would be nice to know for sure :)