Similar Articles

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

JoyRCalderwood

Similar Articles

Post by JoyRCalderwood »

Am I just paranoid or could it be that writers here borrow or steal another writer's article? I just read 2-3 articles written by another writer here that sound like articles I've written. Problem is I can't find my copy.

Can 2 people really write the same? My mind is suspicious and it really bugs me that I can't find my copy although I know I lost some when I had a crash last year.
SJHillman

Re: Similar Articles

Post by SJHillman »

You may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Coincidences are possible, especially if it's a popular topic. It's also possible that they read your article and that inspired them to write their own article on the same topic and may have unintentionally paraphrased your words too closely. If it's just the odd article here and there then I wouldn't worry about it unless the article structure (or the words themselves) matches up near-exact. There's also always going to be a few <pick your favorite plural expletive> who do this maliciously. Fortunately, they rarely last long.