Plagiarism concern over old article

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

DavidPeta28

Plagiarism concern over old article

Post by DavidPeta28 »

Hi

Just wanted some advice from you old-timers.

I wrote an article on a niche subject for another website some months ago, for free, and before I discovered Content. Now I want to use the valuable info I used in that article to write one for CC on the same topic. The problem is that my writer's name is different there, and I can't get it changed, and I don;t want to change my name here. Is there some way I can alert an editor to this situation on submission so they don;t flag me for plagiarism of my own work? Or should I just throw this idea under the bus & move on?

Thanks in advance.
DennyK

Re: Plagiarism concern over old article

Post by DennyK »

I'll be a volunteer, "old-timer" on this one...

You say you want to use information from your old post. Would you be able to present it in a different context or from a different angle? I doubt you will get gigged for plagiarism unless you copy your old phrasing exactly.

Try this. Go to a site like paperrater.com and plug in your old article. It should find it on the web site that you wrote for.

Re-write your article using the above suggestions and run it through again. Chances are it will not show up as a copy and you'll be good to go here.

As always, I ain't guaranteeing nothing, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck. (from and old-timer lol)
DavidPeta28

Post by DavidPeta28 »

Thanks denny, appreciate the help.

I've rewritten the article, making sure to completely change the wording, so I think I'll give it a go.
DennyK

Post by DennyK »

Good luck. I hope it works out for you.

Keep us posted.