IMPORTANT re: Hurricane Victims...

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

another_mother

IMPORTANT re: Hurricane Victims...

Post by another_mother »

Hello Everyone,

I'm sure others are just as heartbroken over the suffering caused by hurricane Katrina as I am.

I spoke with Chris today, and he is willing to give us the money currently in our author accounts (even if we haven't reached $50), if we want to donate to the relief effort.

Chris/CC is also very generously donating $200.

You can either have the money sent to you, or Chris will make a lump sum donation to the Salvation Army directly, once everyone has stated what they would like to give (I asked for mine to be donated directly so the full amount can be donated instead of Paypal taking a piece).

Chris would also like to create a list to recognize those who donate.

Just post here or contact Chris if you are interested. Thank you in advance to those who give!

God Bless.
malward

Post by malward »

I will write to Chris and have him make a donation on my behalf to the Salvation Army.

Thanks for coming up with this terrific idea.

Mary
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

Yes.. A great idea, and thanks for your generous contribution Mary.
malward

Post by malward »

Chris,

My heart goes out to those people. I saw the devastation on the news today and was appaled at the conditions they are living in. I wish I could do more.

By the way, Chris. Thank you also for your donation. It was very generous of you as well.

Thanks,
Mary
constant-content
Site Admin

Donations have been made, if anyone wants to still contribute please let me know or post here.

Thank you
constant-content
Site Admin

I forgot to post this, but if anyone is interested here is the proof that donations were made:

Dear Mr Ross
Thank you for your gift which will enable The Salvation Army to carry out its mission to serve suffering humanity. Your credit card has been charged for the amount listed below:

donation id:

date:

03 September 2005 06:55 PM (GMT)

name and address:

Mr Chris Ross

company name:

Iwinweekly, LLC

donation:

310 USD

card type:

Mastercard

usage:

hurricane katrina relief

project title:

Hurricane Relief Fund 2005

This constitutes an official receipt of your donation which has been sent to The Salvation Army headquarters at the address below. No goods or services have been provided to the donor in consideration of this contribution.

The Salvation Army Eastern Michigan Division
16130 Northland Drive
Southfield
Michigan 48075-5218
USA

tel: 248 443 5500

email: Angela_Beaver@USC.Salvationarmy.org

Best Wishes,

The Salvation Army
Eastern Michigan Division
malward

Post by malward »

Chris,

Thanks for posting this though it was unnecessary. We all knew that you would send in the donations. Thanks so much.

Mary