warning to authors

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

carpenjoyce

warning to authors

Post by carpenjoyce »

When you're searching for article thefts, don't forget to search the first few words of your summary. Some thieves lift that as well.

Great idea one of the posters here gave me: leave part of each paragraph off, using ellipses to indicate there's more. This means the thief would have to make up missing content for every paragraph, but the legitimate buyer still get a pretty good idea about what you're trying to say.
jadedragon

Re: warning to authors

Post by jadedragon »

Exactly what I do - leave off a section in the middle or end of the paragraph mid sentence.The (... section removed for preview) needs to be removed by the thief and they need to make up content or the paragraph will read like it's stolen.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Problem is, now somehow thieves seem to be stealing articles that don't even show the full article in the summary...but somehow they are still getting the full article. Not sure how this is happening, but they have obviously found a way to bypass the summary portion and get the full article.
carpenjoyce

Post by carpenjoyce »

Is it possible that some of you are using improperly secured laptops, and they're getting it that way? This hasn't happened to me so far, knock on wood, but I'm a dinosaur who does all my work on a wired computer.