Waiting status?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Lola

Waiting status?

Post by Lola »

I had one article approved last week that was moved to a status called "waiting" last friday. To my knowledge, it has not been sold, but it is no longer available for viewing either. Today I noticed another one of my articles has also been placed in the "waiting" status. What does this mean?

Thanks,
Lola
Lynnemac

Re: Waiting status?

Post by Lynnemac »

'Waiting' means someone has put your article in their basket but the payment has not been finalised. This could be because the buyer is new to the site or has paid by e-cheque (which takes a few days to clear). It may also mean someone has put it in their basket but changed their mind about purchasing and forgotten to take it out.

If the status does not change after a week, contact support to fix it for you.

But hopefully it means a sale just waiting for payment to clear :-)
nichewriter

Re: Waiting status?

Post by nichewriter »

Lynnemac wrote:' It may also mean someone has put it in their basket but changed their mind about purchasing and forgotten to take it out.
This was what I thought/assumed (and I suppose other authors) before, but I directly asked Justin Richards several months ago and he clarified that articles placed in a cart are still available/visible in the public pool. The only time articles disappear from the public pool is if payment is already underway (e.g., check waiting to clear or if there is an issue with the payment). I usually send CC a short note if an article has been on waiting status for more than a week.

~Sherry