Changes Made in Article with Use License

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Lori

Changes Made in Article with Use License

Post by Lori »

Good Morning Everyone,

I just sold my second article for use and found it on used on a website. However, I noticed that there had been a minor gramatical change made to the article, that really wasn't correct. I was under the impression that other than adding links, there were not to be any changes made to the article. Am I correct? Is there any recourse for these types of situations?

Thanks for the information.

Happy Writing!

Lori
Evelyn

Re: Changes Made in Article with Use License

Post by Evelyn »

Howdy, Lori. Congrats on your sales! Good for you.

Send an email to the website before contacting C-C support. If you appeal to the website owner first, the problem may be easily solved. Before contacting anyone, though, ask yourself if the minor grammatical error helps the SEO potential of the article--if it does, you might just want to let the problem go. If it doesn't get changed and you're really irritated by the error, contact C-C support and they'll put you in the queue.

Keep writing and keep visiting the forums, Lori!
Lori

Post by Lori »

Evelyn,

Thanks so much for your kind words and informative reply. I guess it's really not that big of an issue, except for the fact that if they'd wanted to make any changes they should have probably purchased a different license.

I'm not going to make too big of an issue about the situation, but I just wanted to know what the options were in the event that it occurs again. Have any of you experienced authors out there been faced with this situation?

As far as the changes, the customer removed commas and added parenthesis, which I rarely use. They were just entirely unnecessary in the context of the sentence. They didn't help in any way, shape or form with SEO potential. Not to mention, I like using commas :)

On the plus side, 2 more articles accepted today, so it's not all bad! I absolutely adore CC and am so pleased that I found the site!

Happy Writing!

Lori
Lori

Post by Lori »

I just had to stop back and let you know that my title was changed also. Again, it's a relatively minor issue, but I'm still a bit miffed! Now I've got a minor grammar change and a title change in a word that was purchased for use.

Aaaarrrrgh! :evil:
Evelyn

Post by Evelyn »

Lori, I have a customer (not at C-C) who takes my hard work and "edits" it all the time, inserting her own paragraphs, deleting important sentences, and generally butchering the whole thing. The good part is, she puts her own name on it. :) She also adored changing my graphic design stuff too, so the text would no longer wrap correctly and the illustrations were in all the wrong spots. Then she'd ask me to fix it. I don't do graphic design right now, thank heavens.

Sigh. Customers are wonderful because they put bread on the table. Sometimes you just have to give them a hug and move on. :lol: