Should I be loyal to my topic?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

chrissponias

Should I be loyal to my topic?

Post by chrissponias »

Hi! I’m a psychologist and I have an online business about mental health. I write daily articles for my business, but at CC I write about internet marketing because it’s a very popular topic, because I have enough knowledge about internet marketing (and also about offline marketing), and because this is a topic that interests me very much (since I have an online business).

I see that the advantages of writing about a specific topic at CC are the following:

* Your articles become much better as you keep learning about your main topic and using all the knowledge you have acquired in different ways. You can use the same information by presenting it in different ways and relating it to different aspects of what you are analyzing, without wasting your time doing more research.

*You already have basic knowledge. Your research simply complements this knowledge, or helps you learn news, etc. You don’t depend on a research to be able to write an article about this topic.

* You are known as an expert in your field. This is a very good image for your potential customers because you show them that you are not writing your articles without really knowing what you are doing. You are writing about a topic you know very well, without depending on the various documents you may read online. Thus, you are not merely rewriting everything in your own words.

However, every time I check the recently sold articles I see that many articles that belong to the category ‘Health and Lifestyles’ are sold every day. This is my main business topic. My articles are strictly connected to the scientific method of dream interpretation. I don’t write about health in general; I always include dream interpretation in all my articles because this is my main source. I don’t resell at CC (for usage) the articles I write for my business because I submit them to EzineArticles, and many people simply copy them (with my resource box), helping me promote my business. However, I could write articles for ‘health and lifestyles’ without mentioning dream interpretation, and sell them at CC.

Do you think that I should write articles for this category too?

Thank you!
Celeste Stewart

Re: Should I be loyal to my topic?

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Absolutely! I can see that being a popular topic and since you know your stuff, it sounds like a dream come true! Plus, there's less risk because if the articles never find a home via CC, you already have a place you can use them (on EzineArticles promoting your sites). It sounds like a win-win from every angle :)
chrissponias

Post by chrissponias »

Thank you! I was thinking that perhaps it would be better to keep being an internet marketer at CC basically because this image seems to be better. However, since I’m an expert in a different field too, I would still show to my potential customers that I only write about the topics I know very well.
travisbaker

Post by travisbaker »

Thank you, If I got a topic I have thoroughly study each pro and cons and thought how to present this topic has best way? Tried to collect lot of information from Google and other website and could research it. I am always writing content without stealing. I am confident my content was unique..... 8)