Weird email supposedly from CC...

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

aprilk10

Re: Weird email supposedly from CC...

Post by aprilk10 »

I saw that also Melissa. The notice I got was for the same. I did get a response from Eric today that he was still waiting on the client...but then those appeared in the sold list. Maybe they are looking for multiple authors. Still hopeful...but a little disheartened. I would think CC would tell us if the requests were only going to go to one author...so maybe... It was still a little disappointing to see those though. (sigh)
MelissaNott

Post by MelissaNott »

Thanks, April. I'm glad we were able to connect on this issue, at least. Fingers crossed and good luck!
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

The online degrees are the ones I've been working on too. I know they are trying to spread the requests out among multiple authors, so don't worry - I am sure the request will come through for those who have been waiting. As with anything new it will probably take a week or so to get the process working smoothly. Hang in there :)
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

So has anyone heard anything else about this? I'm a little concerned about the things that have been going on...or NOT going on rather...around CC lately. It looks as though I may have lost my only private request customer as well because of a glitch somewhere. She tried to purchase an article that didn't go through for a number of days. She had purchased quite a few articles prior to that, so it wasn't a new customer issue. Regardless of why it happened, I don't think she was happy. I haven't heard from her since. I have sent her a couple of messages, but have received no response. I know she still had a number of orders she was going to place as well. So...I was starting to make a decent income here, but now I am a bit discouraged. I have really enjoyed working through CC, but am wondering what is going on lately. I know there have been changes in editing and there are always adjustments to be made when changes happen. I'm just hoping things pick back up soon! :?
dmgray

Post by dmgray »

I got an email from Eric too. Asked if I was interested in writing (though not to bid on anything). I replied with my interest, then emailed again when I never heard back and Eric stated he was waiting on clients. That was about a week ago so maybe I was not one of the fortunate ones. I am still waiting to see what happens and even if it nothing comes of it I still appreciate being one of the authors considered.
MelissaNott

Post by MelissaNott »

dmgray, that is exactly what happened to me. Eric told me about a week ago he was still waiting to hear more from the client. I also appreciate being considered, but am a little let down by the whole thing. Maybe there's still a chance . . . it sounds like April did eventually hear from the client. What happened to your article, April? How did it get lost?
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Actually, I never heard from that client. Eric sent me the same message that he was waiting. Maybe still waiting, or maybe the client decided to not use any more authors. Since we were all contacted however, it sounds as though it was a potentialy large order. The client I am speaking of that didn't get her order for a couple of days is one I had been working with since July. I am not exactly sure what happened. She purchased the article as usual, but then it stayed in waiting status for 2 or 3 days. She did everything as usual and contacted support a couple of times before it was released to her. Don't know the circumstances behind it...only that I haven't heard from her in about 2 weeks...which is highly unusual. It may not be anything...I am just becoming discouraged by it and the orders I thought I was going to be getting through this new client. Don't get me wrong...I am extremely greatful to have been contacted at all about it. It gives me hope that there are some great things happening behind the scenes at CC. I am just in a slump at the moment I suppose...one of those setbacks I guess freelancers have to learn to deal with! :|
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Well, I never heard any more on this set of orders, so I am guessing it is a no go. I haven't seen any more education articles go through the recently sold lately, though I haven't been keeping much of an eye on it. Having just entered the world of freelancing at the beginning of the year, I am seeing that perhaps writers go through a holiday slump of sorts! My one and only client seems to have disappeared for now. she did send a message on here that she intends to place more orders, but that was about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I am hoping she will reappear after the holidays! I am not seeing much in the requests that I want to write for either. This as the first pay period in the past few months that I have not had at least SOMETHING!:-) I've been spending most of my time on other content sites lately. The payoff is much better here, but with no guarantee of a sale, I can really only justify writing in my spare time for here.
Antonia

Post by Antonia »

April, I didn't hear anything more regarding this project for a while and then got a request for four articles a couple days ago. The customer wanted them in 24 hours! So I get the impression that this client may still be sorting out her calendar/budget, and we shouldn't rely on consistent requests. But she is still out there and I am crossing my fingers that some of those requests will head your way soon. Or that you'll see some public requests that strike a chord. I know what you mean about the holiday slump!
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

I know this is an old thread, but thought I would post here instead of creating a new one. Has anyone else ever received a private request from a customer you have never written anything for before? I just did. He offers decent pay, so it is not another one of those low ball offer deals. Just a little curious about this. Guess I should just write it and find out! :D

Also, does anyone know if the system supports bullets? The client asks for bullet points. In the past on here, I have used the generic *, but I really prefer an actual bullet point (filled in circle). It seems I tried this once and it showed up as strange marks in the summary. Any suggestions?
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yes and yes. It's relatively rare, but it does happen from time to time. When a customer hasn't purchased anything from me in the past, I'm a little less confident than if we have some sort of a history. I have had a few private requests where it turned out that the client had issued the same request to several other writers, making it more like a semi-private public request. Not saying this is the case here, but it does make me more cautious when a private request arrives out of the blue with little extra information.

I use bullet points all the time in Word documents with no issues.

Good luck with your request. Hope it's a long and rewarding relationship in the works.
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Thanks Celeste! I had the same thoughts about the private request order (that it may have gone out to multiple authors). It is a fairly short piece for good pay, so worth a shot. It is somewhat specific though, so not sure it would sell to anyone else if the client doesn't purchase it. I'll go ahead and try the bullet points again. It just seems like I tried them once before and they ended up showing in the summary as a strange marking instead of a bullet. I use the "insert symbol" in Word when placing them in the text. I guess I'm going to try to write the order now...though I just finished supper and am STUFFED and tired...maybe I should wait until morning! :lol:
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

Thanks Celeste! He just bought the article (Five minutes after it was approved)! I'm hoping for future articles! :P
Celeste Stewart

Post by Celeste Stewart »

Yay!