$150 for a 6,500 word business paper?!

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

cjgarrett

$150 for a 6,500 word business paper?!

Post by cjgarrett »

There's a request in at the moment for a 6,500 word business Paper. Normally I'd jump at the chance to write about cloud computing, but this one is only paying out $150 at most.

Is that price completely insane or are there actually authors who'd work for so little? I checked essaytown.com just to see what they charge for custom research, and they'd start at over $400 for that.

Anyone planning on doing this one?
Celeste Stewart

Re: $150 for a 6,500 word business paper?!

Post by Celeste Stewart »

At 1.5 cents per word after the CC cut, all I can say is thanks but no thanks. But yeah, there are people that write for those prices.
vjlenin

Post by vjlenin »

Yea, there are people who write for that much. Mostly from my country, India. I have been offered to write 600 word articles for 60 rupees (which by current exchange rate would be slightly more than a dollar). I do not take those offers not just because I am so not cheap, but also because unlike (possibly) other writers here, I need money badly. When you are prepared to do pristine research and are dedicated to the subject at hand, why write for ridiculous rates? Also, the customers who buy 6000 words for 60 dollars are gonna get some rewritten article with immense mistakes. And it would do them no SEO benefit at all.
cjgarrett

Post by cjgarrett »

Yeah I did think of India, but even still - you're not getting anything like the quality you need at that price.

Shame, I do like to talk about cloud computing and I'd have jumped at this if the price was worth it.
nicolane

Post by nicolane »

I I might consider this - for at least twice the money - if I could be sure that it would sell!
aprilk10

Post by aprilk10 »

If I was familiar with Cloud Computing (which I am not!), I would go ahead and write it, placing a higher pricetag on it. If the client doesn't purchase it, you can break it up into smaller articles to place on your portfolio. From what I can see, it seems to be a fairly popular topic.