Questions Regarding Images/Illustrations in Articles

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

REason

Questions Regarding Images/Illustrations in Articles

Post by REason »

I would like some guidance on the topic of images/ illustrations in the articles. How many authors offer this? Do you embed the photos/illustrations in Word documents?
Do you offer the images in HTML format and zip them?
Are the images offered as web quality or print quality?

Any and all comments on this topic are welcomed!
LJade

It depends!

Post by LJade »

Hey, I just noticed your post and because a recent content request actually requested "illustrations" I thought I would comment on this. I had major problems with my photos because they were so big, I had to resize them and mail them to C-C support.

Personally, I've only dealt with one other requester from a different source who wanted photo's and they did want them embedded in the document. So, not only did I have to write but then play photographer and lay out director.

I think it just depends and sometimes more info is necessary, there's nothing wrong with asking a requester just "how" they want it in my opinion.

...And that's my two cents today lol.
REason

Images and Illustrations

Post by REason »

Thanks very much for your response. I don't mind at all embedding images or playing with layouts. I conclude from your statement about resizing images is that all graphics are optimized for the web. That little tid bit of info is very helpful! I really appreciate the info!