Stripe Account

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

FireHorse

Stripe Account

Post by FireHorse »

I received the email about the Stripe account and signed up for one. However, whenever I try to sign in, I get this message:

This account is linked to a business that works with Stripe. To view details, sign in to their website or app directly.

When I contacted Stripe for help, they told me to contact Constant Content. Of course, that's been ages ago and I'm receiving no answer so I still have not been paid.

Has anyone else had this problem? Obviously, it's extremely frustrating. I was hoping to get back to business as usual here but obviously won't write or post new articles until I can get paid. I'm pretty much ready to delete what I have on there and just forget the whole thing.
Word Gypsy

Re: Stripe Account

Post by Word Gypsy »

Yes, same problem and same message last month. Sent emails back and forth with both CC and Stripe. Neither one was helpful.
I did troubleshoot and figured out that all you need to do is go back to the original link CC sent you to get back into Stripe. That
link is your log in. You should get paid this time even if you do not log back in through the link, because CC has you on its list now
that you created the account. No promises on my end though! I did get paid for August 1st despite all this drama. Good luck! WG~
Last edited by Word Gypsy on Sat Aug 15, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I got paid on Aug. 3rd

Perhaps this will all work out. I notice sales are going up, even though I haven't submitted new work since all this began. If my next payment comes through okay, I will start submitting again.
MordantC

Post by MordantC »

Has anyone received their mid-August payment yet?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

No. I have not. Hopefully CC sends them out today!
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

If I go to my Stripe account it says I have a balance of $108.55, so I guess that means I've received my mid-month payout (or it's on its way). What is a little odd is that that total does not include a sale I had on the 13th. I guess it will included in the next payout instead.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I can see my balance as well, minus my last sale. The same thing happened last payment and the funds did carry over, so I expect it to do the same this time. WG~
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

I haven't been paid since June 2020. The clients have paid money. They've published the articles they think they've purchased. But the writer hasn't been paid.

This is getting ridiculous.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I am sorry that you are going through this. I can't actually do anything to help except to say I am feel badly for you and I hope CC figures it out and handles it ASAP. WG~
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

I can't offer any practical help, other than to say I'm in Europe and have been paid each month by bank transfer. I know that's no help to you, but at least it might reassure that they DO pay internationally, and they're not just holding the money for any darker reasons.

Have you anyone you can contact direct rather than using the support@ email?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I read on another thread that the phone number for CC is listed in the Canada Yellow Pages. Perhaps a phone call? WG~
LMasterson

Post by LMasterson »

I'm in Australia. Our banking products and services are in line with European banking practices - and significantly more advanced than US banking practices. The fact that I've dealt with this platform for more than 8 years and never had a problem being paid is really frustrating. I've emailed their 'support' email with multiple international payment options. All emails have been ignored.

Today I received an email asking me to sign up to yet another payment processor in the hopes of them finally paying international writers. Let's see where this goes....
MordantC

Post by MordantC »

I was getting paid regularly again, but my payment for the 1st of October hasn't materialized. This is infuriating. I'd taken on additional work because I thought the problem had been resolved. Now I'm sitting here with a dwindling bank account and over $900 in my CC account that I have no way to access. I don't know whether to finish the pieces in my queue or just cut my losses, unclaim my orders and stop writing for CC altogether.
Gauderbock

Post by Gauderbock »

I received payment notification 1st October via Transferwise, in my bank account 2nd October...
MordantC

Post by MordantC »

Well, that's somewhat reassuring. I've been getting paid by bank transfer, though. Not sure why that would take longer.