Here is a great word counter page, it's FREE No download

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Watermark

Here is a great word counter page, it's FREE No download

Post by Watermark »

http://eclaunchsite.com/ECLwordcounter.htm

just cut and past in the box, easy.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

Also, if you use Mozilla Suite or Firefox as a browser - like I do - you can download a plug-in called Word Count where when you right click on a selection of text, you can just check it's word count from your browser if you've already published to the web.

You can find the plug-in here.
Melissa

Post by Melissa »

I always use Word, but good to know there are other options.
carpesomediem

Post by carpesomediem »

Melissa wrote:I always use Word, but good to know there are other options.
I normally use Word, too, but I also like to check how the word count traslates over the web whether it be my own articles after the fact or other's work.
mattsterrr

Post by mattsterrr »

I'm a word man too, but I find it funny that different word counts give different word counts, if you see what I mean. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult to count the number of words and give the same result as the next piece of software that's doing the same.

I can imagine arbitration one day from a publisher who has requested 2000 words. The author completes it and does a Word word count producing 2002 words. The publisher then does a word count using a different utility and only gets 1994. Sorry, we're not paying. :lol: