Learn by My Experience!

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

Katie-Anne

Learn by My Experience!

Post by Katie-Anne »

Check your pricing on your articles. None of my articles are free. Most of them are reprints. So mostly they have no exclusive fee and just a regular license fee.

Today I noticed I'd sold something and as it wasn't showing in my earnings I wondered how much it was - thinking that it was maybe a cheque or something and so not paid yet.

Nope, I'd made a mistake when putting the pricing in. I'd placed the 0 in the regular license fee, and the amount in the exclusive box. So the buyer "bought" a regular license which ought to have been $25 and paid nothing because according to what I'd put in, it was a free article!

Just a reminder to double check your work when you've inputed it into the system!

Katie-Anne
http://www.gardenandhearth.com/workathomemoms.htm
candicep

Thanks for the tip!

Post by candicep »

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I'll check my articles to be sure I didn't make the same mistake. For any other newcomers, the price can be corrected or changed without re-submitting the entire article.

Best Regards,
Candicep
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

oh no Katie, so sorry to hear about this. :(
southernrose

Post by southernrose »

Very good tip. I noticed someone else's article priced like that the other day.

On a similar note, when I have gone back to review my own content, I have discovered more than once that somehow I accidentally posted my entire article in the sample section instead of just the two or three paragraphs I selected. I do not know how this happened, but now I am making sure to double check that area before and after submitting my articles.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I need help. I am going to start putting articles here at CC that will be reprints. Advise me if this is correct. In the usage, I will put a price for regular . . . and put a -0- for unique? Or, do I put n/a under unique?

I'm confused and don't want to make a mistake. I also don't want someone to end up getting a reprint thinking that it is unique and that it is free because it has a -o- listed under price.

Thanks guys-
Wendy
Katie-Anne

Post by Katie-Anne »

That's right Wendy. Put your repint price in the regular box, and a "0" in the unique box.

Good luck with your reprint sales.

Katie-Anne
ssottile

Post by ssottile »

Thanks Katie-Anne!

I had just posted a new article with the unique price and $0 in the usage box. I just went quickly and changed that.

I had assumed that if you put a "unique" price and $0 in the top box that ONLY the unique purchase was available.

This is truly important for all potential authors to know.

Thanks again and so sorry that someone got your work for FREE!!!!
Katie-Anne

My work for Free

Post by Katie-Anne »

Hi Sharon,

LOL Oh plenty of people get my work for free. That's one of the things I adore about freelance writing. I get to choose who pays and who doesn't! There's plenty of people out there running my articles who didn't pay for them, but who I have allowed to have use of them for one reason or another - sometimes publicity for me and my other sites, and sometimes because I believe in the message the site is sending etc.

This one shouldn't have been free and it was my error that made it free. I was so CROSS with myself for not checking better! LOL

Katie-Anne