What the heck is going on?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

jimmy5601

Re: What the heck is going on?

Post by jimmy5601 »

Isabelnewth wrote:I got the email today but I am uncomfortable about giving the info they want. I imagine one would get paid, but there could still be problems later on if the information isn't kept secure. Is there anyone here with knowledge of this sort of issue who could advise? Cheers!
While it is probably safe to send your banking details via email there is a level of risk to it. I have taken the same view as you that the risk isn't worth it, and await the new payment arrangements once in place.
jimmy5601

Post by jimmy5601 »

Isabelnewth wrote:Thanks for that WG! The email I got didnt mention Stripe: it just asked for my bank details so CC could send me the money direct, I think.. I think maybe it's because I am in the UK. The sender (cant remember her name) said that it was a temporary fix, and there would be a long term solution hopefully mid-August. I can wait for that (and hope that CC doesnt disappear in the meantime!)
Yes, it is because you are in the UK. I'm also in the UK and Constant Content appear to only be paying US based writers via Stripe. There is going to be a new payment processor for UK and I assume all international writers.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I did not like the risk of giving my banking details to CC, either, so I waited until they came up with Stripe. It makes absolutely no sense to send bank account numbers through email! Easy fix for CC, but risky for writers. I do think that CC will put a new system in place for UK and international writers. Otherwise, they risk losing more people from the site than they already have. That being said, my money still sits in limbo.

You are welcome, Isabelnewth! Just trying to help with what little info I have. I do hope this gets straightened out for you. WG~
MordantC

Post by MordantC »

If people outside the US aren't going to be paid using Stripe, why weren't we paid via bank transfer? Why weren't we even contacted? CC owes me almost $300 that I've worked hard for in good faith. It shouldn't be on the authors to chase up missing payments every month.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

I received his email :

Thank you for your cooperation during the last month as we’ve worked to overcome challenges with our payment methods.

We are pleased to inform you that we have a new, reliable solution for your payouts, which will now be processed via Stripe. For this method to work smoothly, please see the following instructions; this will help you create a Stripe account that connects with Constant Content:

Click the link below:

Stripe Invitation Link:

Fill out the form that appears and create your Stripe account

Please create your Stripe account before July 30 so you will get paid at the end of the month. If you miss that deadline, you will be paid all that is owed to you by August 15, as long as you create your account before August 14.

For the next payment, we will transfer your funds at the end of the month, as we previously did via PayPal. You will be able to withdraw money from your Stripe account once the cash is deposited there. Note that since this is a brand-new account, it might take an extra day or two to process. If after three days your money does not appear in your bank account, please reach out to us.

Again, we are grateful for your patience over the last few weeks while we’ve worked on a secure, convenient solution that will serve you best. We value you deeply, and we aim to continue providing top-notch service to both writers and customers. If you have any questions or concerns about payment processes or any other aspect of using the Constant Content platform, please email us at support@constant-content.com

With appreciation,
The Constant Content Team

I was not paid on the 30th ... Still Waiting
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

No notice from either CC or Stripe, but I just got paid. I checked my Stripe account. The money is there now. I hope this means other writers have also been paid. WG~
MrSteve51

Post by MrSteve51 »

I'm in the UK too (hi to my fellow British CC writers) and last Fri (31st July) got the email asking for bank details. I have the same reservations about sending that information in an email, but in all honesty I need the money sooner rather than later. 1st August I got an acknowledgement email from Renée. Yesterday (4th Aug) I sent a quick query to ask when I might get paid and this morning (5th) I've had an email from Renée to say that the money has been sent via wire transfer. I excitedly checked my bank, to find that nothing has appeared, and then noticed that my CC account still has the money listed as "owing this month". Has it left CC? Is it making its way through the ether to my bank? Nobody seems to know, but I'm fed up of living on plain toast so let's hope so :)
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

MrSteve51 wrote:I excitedly checked my bank, to find that nothing has appeared, and then noticed that my CC account still has the money listed as "owing this month". Has it left CC? Is it making its way through the ether to my bank? Nobody seems to know, but I'm fed up of living on plain toast so let's hope so :)
The "amount due for this month" isn't displaying accurately. I was paid out on Monday but that hasn't been reflected in what's listed on my CC account.
MrSteve51

Post by MrSteve51 »

Pellucidean wrote:The "amount due for this month" isn't displaying accurately. I was paid out on Monday but that hasn't been reflected in what's listed on my CC account.
I checked the bank yesterday and the money had appeared (hooray!) but yeah the CC page hasn't updated accordingly. Even worse, I sold an article overnight and the money from that has been added to the redundant total that I've already been paid *sigh*