Goooo, Affiliates!

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

arachnae

Goooo, Affiliates!

Post by arachnae »

I've already made a whopping 12.55 just for putting the URL out there for people to sign up.

Soon I'll be a lady of leisure, having the cabana boy bring me margaritas and peel my grapes while I live off the labor of others.

Ah, the capitalist dream...
Eliza Ferree

Post by Eliza Ferree »

that's great!!
AnnM

Hmmm

Post by AnnM »

If you get tired of your cabana boy, could you send him over?
TemlynWriting

Re: Goooo, Affiliates!

Post by TemlynWriting »

arachnae wrote:I've already made a whopping 12.55 just for putting the URL out there for people to sign up.

Soon I'll be a lady of leisure, having the cabana boy bring me margaritas and peel my grapes while I live off the labor of others.

Ah, the capitalist dream...
The only problem I've found with the affiliates is that I've noticed several affiliate names that have disappeared from my list. I was keeping count of them because my husband thinks it's such a cool idea, and I noticed that the numbers were getting lower, and there were 2 or 3 names which are now missing from my list. I'm not sure how that happened. Anyway, it's still a great function, and I've got a few dollars in my account based on that. I'm not sure if I used an affiliate link to sign up, but I sure hope I did, so I can be helping someone else as well! :)
Katie-Anne

Affiliates

Post by Katie-Anne »

I have two people affiliated to me, I think I ought to have a third, but she's not appearing and so perhaps she didn't use the right link. It is a nice way to earn a little extra cash. I'm not affiliated to anyone, I found CC on my own and signed right up - which is unfortunate because it would have been nice to have helped someone else. Guess it's too late to be adopted! :D

Katie-Anne
KatYares

Post by KatYares »

I've had one or two affiliates go missing also. Every once and awhile, I'll print out the sheet and compare them. Right now I've got close to 40 BUT only two or three are actually posting anything. I think I've earned a whopping 1.75 so far. :lol:

Still it is a cool idea and hopefully the others will start posting content soon.

Kat
TemlynWriting

Post by TemlynWriting »

KatYares wrote:I've had one or two affiliates go missing also. Every once and awhile, I'll print out the sheet and compare them.

Kat
Whew, so I'm not crazy, and I'm not alone, then. :)
Carrie

Post by Carrie »

I had one lonely affiliate too, and she's no longer there. Good to know it's happening to everyone and not just me!
Katie-Anne

Disappearing Affiliates

Post by Katie-Anne »

It could be with affiliates that disappear that they've cancelled their account here at CC. Are they still showing up on the Author's list - and do they have content for sale?

Katie-Anne
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

I think there is a problem with the affiliates... if any of you know the names of the affiliates that have vanished, please let me know via the support. I will add them back. Sorry for the problems.
KatYares

Post by KatYares »

constant wrote:I think there is a problem with the affiliates... if any of you know the names of the affiliates that have vanished, please let me know via the support. I will add them back. Sorry for the problems.
Just sent you a list of five. I can scan copies of the page if you need to see them. For some reason I have this compulsion to print the page out every week or so.

Kat
Who is way too anal retentive for her own good. :)
loreliloalyn

affiliates

Post by loreliloalyn »

my only affilate is a friend of mine. he signed up through my link, but something screwy happened and he's not showing up. chris is working on it though, so I can't complain. I've never been good at getting my affilate links to anything out there. Anyone got any tips?
constant-content
Site Admin

Post by constant-content »

I think everyone is fixed now... let me know if its not the case.
KatYares

Post by KatYares »

constant wrote:I think everyone is fixed now... let me know if its not the case.
Thanks Chris - Very, very much appreciated. :)

Kat