What the heck is going on?

A place where authors can exchange ideas or thoughts. Talk about what categories are hot and which ones are not.

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed

What the heck is going on?

Postby Words4Bread on Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:35 am

Hi folks,

So, I've several hundred dollars just sitting there while CC try and figure out what's gone wrong with their payment processor (namely, PayPal) and look at alternatives. Annoying as this is, I understand they're working on it and that the dollars are safe. But what freaketh me out somewhat is to see that SITE-WIDE sales over the last week or so have struggled to exceed 6 or 7 (low-grade, $25-type) articles a day. One day showed only TWO articles sold.

So, what the frook is going on?
Words4Bread

Re: What the heck is going on?

Postby MordantC on Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:01 am

The same thing happened to me. I have lost a regular client because of this and am making no sales. It's very disappointing.
MordantC

Postby dbvirago on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:24 pm

This place has been going downhill for a while. I quit uploading here in January, but I still sell some stuff.

A month later and they still can't figure this out. Now they want me to email my bank routing and account number to a staff that clearly doesn't have their act together.

I'll be pulling all unsold articles immediately.
dbvirago

Postby Pellucidean on Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:40 am

I'll link to a Reddit thread where a little more information has been posted (albeit not by anyone from Constant Content themselves). https://yb.reddit.com/r/freelanceWriter ... t_payment/

If you scroll down you'll see one user got an email with additional information. Apparently CC is in the process of integrating with a new payments processor but that process can take two to three weeks.
Pellucidean

Return to Author Exchange