Writer Pools

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Bellatrix

Writer Pools

Post by Bellatrix »

Hey folks;

I was wondering how many other writers out there who belong to a Writer Pool have noticed a couple of things. One, how slow it seems to have gotten. Most or all of my pools are now standing empty, and have been for months. Two, when requests do come in, they disappear so quickly that I never see them. And I mean so fast that I can refresh the page as I'm getting email notifications and I still won't see them. This doesn't happen with all of the Writer Pools, there is one that stays pretty consistent, but I think fewer writers have access to that one.

This makes me wonder if I'm missing certain permissions (this did happen to me last month and I missed out on some work), or someone is running some kind of software bot that's programmed to claim any articles in certain categories the second they become available. I'm wondering if this is related to the site renos, as it was also affecting my mailbox, which doesn't always load properly.

Things seem to be much quieter around here generally. I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if there isn't as much work on CC as there used to be. Spring was great, summer was mostly good, but things have been almost dead since August. Any thoughts?
Lysis

Re: Writer Pools

Post by Lysis »

There is another thread about this. Dead since August has been my experience too. I dunno about the pools. I generally don't take those requests, because they are too low budget. This place is a content mill, so they put dozens of writers in those pools. It's very possible that you're just too late. I've opened the email within seconds of receiving the request and it's gone.