Improved information on what customers are buying

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

PaulMaplesden

Improved information on what customers are buying

Post by PaulMaplesden »

I'd like to suggest that CC provides deeper, more comprehensive information on the type of articles that customers are purchasing. Doing this would help us create content hat's more in line with what customers are looking for, and increase sales. That's good for writers, and for CC. I have some suggestions on the type of information that would be useful:

- Up to date recent searches on the site
- Trends in searches - What's been popular over the last x days, x weeks, x months
- How many customers are signed up to each topic and get emails when content is put into that particular topic (so we can write for those topics)
- More comprehensive "recent sales" information - e.g. how many articles have sold in a particular topic over x days, weeks, months

Do any writers have any other information that it would be useful to know, especially when writing for the catalog?
Lysis

Re: Improved information on what customers are buying

Post by Lysis »

I like to stick to what I know and then try to put a spin on something that makes it different than others in the marketplace. If you're an expert in your field, you kinda know what's hot. I don't really look at the stuff on CC and stick to my own sources. A little trial and error helps too. There are certain areas in tech that I've just found aren't lucrative.

The same ol' same ol' still sells sometimes, and if I'm just trying to write something then I do it.

They might be afraid that certain areas will get saturated, and the funny thing about this place is that anything sells. I've written off the wall stuff that was something I just experienced first hand and it sold. For instance, my dog got thrown in the doggy hospital for Addisons. Wrote some Addisons articles since I went through it. They sold. Paid off my CCs with Lending Club. Wrote about it. It sold. Wrote some video game reviews after playing them. Some sold. One sold 2 years after I posted it.

So anyway, there is stuff that sells a lot but you can write about just about anything here and it could eventually sell.