Unresponsive HP RESTAURANT Team Leader

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

monkeypie

Unresponsive HP RESTAURANT Team Leader

Post by monkeypie »

I have been trying to get a reply from my HP Restaurant Project team leader for a week. Emails and messages remain unanswered, so I'm hoping I can get the information I need here in this public forum.

All the restaurant reviews I've submitted thus far have been accepted and paid for, except one. It passed review, yet sits unsold. The first time I messaged my team leader about this, he said it would be purchased that day. Now I can't get anyone to answer my emails.

It has been more than a week. Can someone please tell me what's going on?

--monkeypie
Lysis

Re: Unresponsive HP RESTAURANT Team Leader

Post by Lysis »

That's weird. Is it possibly a duplicate article?
monkeypie

Post by monkeypie »

As far as I know, it was not a duplicate. I successfully sold more than 50 of these things, so pretty sure it wasn't my writing.

And yeah, very weird. :shock:
HiredGun

Post by HiredGun »

monkeypie wrote:As far as I know, it was not a duplicate. I successfully sold more than 50 of these things, so pretty sure it wasn't my writing.

And yeah, very weird. :shock:
I also have one of these submissions that was never purchased.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

I claimed 20 of these initially. As is frequently the case, I forgot to factor in their 65% when deciding if it was worth it, but thought they would be easy and fast. As most of you saw, there was very little info out there outside of Yelp, but I managed to get 9 of them done in a reasonable amount of time. At that point, 7 had sold and 2 were in that weird, accepted but not sold state. I sent an email, but never got a response. At that point, instead of $7.80 net, I would be getting about $6 each. I unclaimed the rest and never looked back. Those two are still sitting there and I will almost certainly never sell them anywhere else. I will definitely not jump on another of these pool requests without doing more research and only then a few at a time.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

I think there's actually a good chance it was a duplicate, and a version of the article was already bought by someone else. A few weeks ago there were tons of duplicates, probably dozens of them (I think there might've been some other issues too). CC fixed them eventually but it's possible they missed one. There was some other wonky stuff, like a few requests having a due date a week after all the others, and one of the requests I claimed got turned into a private request for some reason. Some of the other requests I claimed simply disappeared, presumably because someone else had claimed a duplicate and CC had to delete one of them. Everything I did ended up selling, though.

Is that request still ongoing, though? I still see it listed under my projects tab, but I haven't seen any new articles posted since last week.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

I understand they were probably duplicates, but we got penalized for someone else's sloppy work. There were 600+ of these. We couldn't have been expected to figure that out, especially when we were being asked to grab or more asap. On a weekend. My gross was $55, CCs was $8K. They could have at least split the difference. Based on the last few pools, I will let them sit a few days before jumping on. There seems to be issues with these every time that need to get worked out.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

From what I gathered when I emailed CC about the duplicates I saw, it was probably a mistake on the requester's end. Of course it still should've been fixed, but I think the vast majority of them were, at least. I sold all 61 of the ones I wrote so I think you had terrible luck in having two out of nine not be sold.
monkeypie

Post by monkeypie »

It would be dandy if our team leader (or client, or anyone at CC) would deign to reply to my question. I've asked several times now.

They had no trouble sending me emails asking me to claim these jobs.

Sigh. I know it's only $8 but still.. feels awful to be ignored when I worked so hard on this project. :(
Last edited by monkeypie on Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
casualcopywriter

Post by casualcopywriter »

On a slightly unrelated note, does anyone know if this project is now done? Or will there be more requests uploaded? As of 4/15, I see there hasn't been any new ones posted for about a week.
monkeypie

Post by monkeypie »

I have zero idea if this project is done or not. Chris the "team leader" was very enthusiastic when asking me to claim a ton of these things, then stopped replying to my emails as soon as I asked him the Q that started this thread.

Last letter I got from him said "1000 new reviews would be put up" -- the same day he stopped answering emails. I never saw it happen-- did you?

So hey-- your guess is as good as mine. <feeble smile>