Resubmitting an article.

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Resubmitting an article.

Post by contentwriter »

Hello,

I'd just like the editors to know that I deleted a previously approved article, edited it and resubmitted it. I did this to add important details that weren't in the original version. There was no "comment to the editor" box for the new submission, so I couldn't add a comment there. (The one time I left a note to the editor, they didn't take it out.)

The article was about email. Hope this is all OK.
jak

Re: Resubmitting an article.

Post by jak »

in the past I have always added notes to the editor in the short summary and then deleted it myself once the article had been approved. I haven't needed to do this for a while though, and I'm not sure if it is still acceptable. It's a pity we have to find out about these changes to the rules through rejections which affect our statistics.
ReneeF

Re: Resubmitting an article.

Post by ReneeF »

jak wrote:in the past I have always added notes to the editor in the short summary and then deleted it myself once the article had been approved. I haven't needed to do this for a while though, and I'm not sure if it is still acceptable. It's a pity we have to find out about these changes to the rules through rejections which affect our statistics.
Yes, I did this. I deleted ten articles and reposted them so I could make minor edits and all of them got rejected for postign a note about it in the summary section. I did this last spring and was soo scared I'd get suspended for sooo many rejects due to simply leaving a comment in the summary section to let the editor know it was previously approved and I wanted to add my byline and or fix an odd extra space that appeared in the article. . . APPARENTLY it is 100% not allowed. just like second person pronouns weren't allowed (at least for me) last year.