Customer/Author Support

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

Peter Dylan

Customer/Author Support

Post by Peter Dylan »

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but none of the emails I send to customer support here get answered. I sent a request to expand a preview on one of my articles to 100%, and no response. Last week I sent a question about an article I had posted for a public request - it is still locked to that request 3 weeks after I uploaded it. I check my sent items and it does not reflect the emails to customer service, although I'm not sure if they should show there. Any help would be appreciated. Right now I am so frustrated I may just delete the article and resubmit it so it is available to the general audience...

Pete
Isabelnewth

Re: Customer/Author Support

Post by Isabelnewth »

I don't think my emails to support show in my sent box either and they do get through, because I have had replies on fairly rare occasions. Maybe one in 10? I don't know the statistics because the unanswered ones don't show up, but that's round about what it feels like. It feels a bit like praying to a far-off god. I think taking action to deal with the problem yourself is usually the best policy, if you can, unless you get an immediate reply.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yeah, my articles aren't getting released from the pools either. I will send a note too. I keep forgetting. Being busy is a great problem to have. :) But yeah, it's not working for me either.

And FYI, if you use Gmail, some CC emails go to the promotions tab.

Also, for the 100% issue, if you had it at 33% (or whatever the default it) and you change it, you have to go back and post the full article. At least, that's what I had to do. You have to set the 100% setting in your account settings.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

This still appears to be a problem for me. Is everyone else still having a problem with articles being released from pools?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Yes, I'm still having these issues. Would be nice to have emails letting us know that our articles have been released so that we don't have to check up on them all of the time.
dbvirago

Post by dbvirago »

Or just fix the problem. I have 8 articles that have sitting in the ozone for 2 months.
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

I always send a note with links so that I have a chance to sell the content.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

How do you tell if an article has or hasn't been released? If an article under My Content still says it's "For Request ___" does that mean it's stuck?
Word Gypsy

Post by Word Gypsy »

Nope! Go to the page "Writing Ideas," where the list of recently sold articles exist. In the search bar, enter the name of your article using quotation marks. If it doesn't show in the results, then it's stuck and no one can see it.
Pellucidean

Post by Pellucidean »

Is the search bar different in the Writing Ideas area…? Isn't there just the one search bar that shows up on all parts of the site?
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Yeah, there is a bit of a UI bug I think. On certain screens, there is not a complete left nav. I ran across that today. So, you should go back to the home page (or open a new tab) and look for the link there.