Bulk Offers by Authors.

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Bulk Offers by Authors.

Post by contentwriter »

Hi Constant Content staff and writers!

I would like to suggest a "bulk" feature for our articles. Here's how I envision it to work: An author chooses articles in his/her own library to include in the bulk offer. The author sets the price for this combo, but CC will set a maximum discount per offer, say no more than 25% off. CC could also cap the number of articles per combo offer, e.g. no more than 5 pieces. Each author will be limited to only a couple of active bulk offers at any time, say no more than 3 offers or no more than 25% of their article library, whichever is smaller. (This is if CC thinks too much bulk offering of this kind would be disadvantageous to their business, or even to the authors themselves.)

I think this would be better than CC selecting which articles to include in a bulk offer and the author taking in all the loss. This way, authors will feel safer offering their articles at a discount. It would also afford them a way to sell more of their work. Clients would have an easier time finding articles they need at bargain prices. They would be very likely to buy especially if they find bulk offers by their favorite authors.

I apologize if this idea has been suggested before. I hope you will consider it.
gators18

Re: Bulk Offers by Authors.

Post by gators18 »

Many, many times, but it's not wanted for some reason. Would definitely help clear older articles if they could be bundled with a newer one.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

I thought that's what the check mark is for at the bottom of the submission page. The one that says it could be included as a discount package? I always check off that box.
Judith
Location: I may be found where mountains rise and rivers flow.

Post by Judith »

Lysis is correct. If you have articles that you are willing to include in a bulk order, just check it at the bottom of the submission page. Personally, I never check that button.
gators18

Post by gators18 »

Judith wrote:Lysis is correct. If you have articles that you are willing to include in a bulk order, just check it at the bottom of the submission page. Personally, I never check that button.
The problem with that is those are bulk orders across the site and the writer eats the entire discount. Say you have a $100 article where you checked the box. CC offers (hypothetically) a 30% bulk discount. The buyer selects just one of your articles and several from other writers. Your earnings on that article are $35. $100 minus the $35 regular commission minus the $30 discount. What people really want is buy 5 of MY articles to get X% of the purchase price with the usual 65/35 split.
Lysis

Post by Lysis »

Well, just and FYI: I've never had an article included with a discount. I wouldn't mind dumping old articles at a discount. But, I block offers so I feel like checking off that box saves me time on old articles without working with $3 offers that clutter up my inbox.