Choose your featured articles?

Do you have any feature requests or suggestions for the Authors/Writers accounts? Post them here!

Moderators: Celeste Stewart, Ed, Constant

contentwriter

Choose your featured articles?

Post by contentwriter »

I think it would help writers if we could choose the "featured articles" on our profiles. Right now, it's only the last 5 articles that get featured -- the same ones that appear in the article list under the byline. Isn't that redundant? We could make better use of that space. How about the bottom of the profile page for "latest" articles" and the area under the bio for "featured" articles?
JDWhang

Re: Choose your featured articles?

Post by JDWhang »

You already can do this, but the system leaves a bit to be desired. On your profile, click "feature article" under your list of featured articles. You can search for specific articles. Check the ones you want, uncheck the ones you don't.
contentwriter

Post by contentwriter »

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Edit: I tried it. Very buggy and frustrating. :(
remoteriverman

Post by remoteriverman »

I must agree that the Featured Articles feature on CC is pretty useless. Mine seems to fluctuate between showing the five most recent articles and the three most recent. I can't seem to get it to show more than 3 articles at a time, at the moment. There is no good reason not to have a long list of every unsold article you've written right there in front of you, and be able to run down the list, check the ones you want as Featured, and be done with it. The current system is woeful, and a weak spot on an otherwise efficient site. Having to search for and then check each desired article individually is incredibly fiddly, and it seems as soon as you select one, it automatically removes the one you've previously added! Frustrating for sure...